General > Beating a dead horse

I've been slimed (with full foam insulation)

(1/6) > >>

wondertubs:
Some fairly recent vids about that illustrate what a mess it can make:

* Trying to find a leak in a full foam hot tub
* What happens inside a full foam hot tub when it leaks
* Mouse nesting inside full foam hot tub
* Almost frozen hot tub survives 6 days without power in winter

Tman122:

--- Quote from: wondertubs on November 21, 2017, 06:32:04 pm ---Some fairly recent vids about that illustrate what a mess it can make:

* Trying to find a leak in a full foam hot tub
* What happens inside a full foam hot tub when it leaks
* Mouse nesting inside full foam hot tub
* Almost frozen hot tub survives 6 days without power in winter
--- End quote ---

LOL...."mice are a problem in any full foam hot tub"....LOL Guess what? They are a bigger problem in non foamed hot tubs.

There's a lot of ways to keep a foamed tub from freezing for weeks. But this is the same with either style of insulation.

JacuzziJack:
A 25 year hot tub tech explained to me when the pumps turn on/off the hammering causes the hoses to 'jiggle' then jerk again when the pumps go off. Over time and thousands of cycles it leads to broken or cracked plastic fittings particularly when the plastic becomes older and more brittle. When mfgrs started encasing everything in foam it holds everything firm and hoses don't surge and leaks are rare with the exception of freezing. He said "rare" ...not 'extinct'.

wondertubs:
I didn't picture the full foam becoming a giant sponge, when reading comments about it being tricky to repair, that sure is something else. I guess it's bound to happen sooner or later, or there would be a lifetime warranty on the insulation.

Spatech_tuo:
Did someone let Jim A out of the loony bin?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version