What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I've been slimed (with full foam insulation)  (Read 22203 times)

Hot Tub Forum

I've been slimed (with full foam insulation)
« on: November 21, 2017, 06:32:04 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: I've been slimed (with full foam insulation)
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 07:03:24 pm »
Some fairly recent vids about that illustrate what a mess it can make:

LOL...."mice are a problem in any full foam hot tub"....LOL Guess what? They are a bigger problem in non foamed hot tubs.

There's a lot of ways to keep a foamed tub from freezing for weeks. But this is the same with either style of insulation.
Retired

JacuzziJack

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 07:29:40 pm »
A 25 year hot tub tech explained to me when the pumps turn on/off the hammering causes the hoses to 'jiggle' then jerk again when the pumps go off. Over time and thousands of cycles it leads to broken or cracked plastic fittings particularly when the plastic becomes older and more brittle. When mfgrs started encasing everything in foam it holds everything firm and hoses don't surge and leaks are rare with the exception of freezing. He said "rare" ...not 'extinct'.

wondertubs

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 09:12:26 pm »
I didn't picture the full foam becoming a giant sponge, when reading comments about it being tricky to repair, that sure is something else. I guess it's bound to happen sooner or later, or there would be a lifetime warranty on the insulation.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 10:00:25 pm by wondertubs »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 10:44:21 pm »
Did someone let Jim A out of the loony bin?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 07:11:01 am »
I didn't picture the full foam becoming a giant sponge, when reading comments about it being tricky to repair, that sure is something else. I guess it's bound to happen sooner or later, or there would be a lifetime warranty on the insulation.

Wet foam is how we locate a leak. But it's only wet from the leak down hill below the leak to a way out. I've repaired many leaks in foam and have a hot wire knife to cut it tons neater than that guy. Over my 30 year career I would say I dug foam 10 times. Only one was a normal leak. The rest were freeze damage. And no, it's not bound to happen. Most never leak and live a long happy life until they are retired.
Retired

Professor Spa

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 09:14:38 am »
30 years fixing hot tubs and fullfoam is not the nightmare its made out to be and they leak a lot less than spas with unsupported plumbing and especially if they clamp the plumbing lines.

Fact: Full foam coast 3-4x more to make that the other methods... The real reason everyone does not full foam is the cost...

wondertubs

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 09:36:45 am »
This one's my favorite.  ::)

Leak repair: "How we repair a leak, and keep the cost down... we drilled us a couple little holes in the side like this"... uh, those aren't little, and that's more than a couple.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 10:49:20 am »
This one's my favorite.  ::)

Leak repair: "How we repair a leak, and keep the cost down... we drilled us a couple little holes in the side like this"... uh, those aren't little, and that's more than a couple.

You obviously don't need any assistance here so just buy a spa and then let us know what you endorse as the best choice out there based on your impeccable research.

wondertubs

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 11:39:29 am »
You obviously don't need any assistance here so just buy a spa and then let us know what you endorse as the best choice out there based on your impeccable research.
Why quote me in this topic if you're going to talk about another one? Now you're so far off topic it's spilling over into this one. Get a grip.

Personally I wouldn't buy a spa, but I'm just a nice guy, and hopefully I can save someone else some trouble for being able to keep one working for them.  I'll probably skip the full foam.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 11:51:12 am by wondertubs »

d00nut

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2017, 12:02:58 pm »
Personally I wouldn't buy a spa
Your loss!  Hot Tubs are awesome!
Then why research them?  My time is pretty valuable between taking care of my kids, wife, and work.  Do something value added!
Kind of to go along with the above... but why bother posting?  Seems like you dislike most everyone here anyway, be happy.  Or try to make others happy.  Not the opposite!
I'm just a nice guy
;)
I'll probably skip the full foam.
Wait... I thought you said you didn't want a hot tub? 

wondertubs

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2017, 12:13:53 pm »
Okay, you guys are obviously hi.

Bye.

d00nut

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2017, 12:18:02 pm »

Bye.

high*

Sorry I offended you Mr. Nice Guy.  You will be missed.   8)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2017, 12:38:14 pm »

Bye.

You were obviously misunderstood but Adios anyway (as if I really think you're never posting gain lol)!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2017, 03:08:34 pm »

Bye.

You were obviously misunderstood but Adios anyway (as if I really think you're never posting gain lol)!

Not misunderstood. Just a idiot.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2017, 03:08:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42