What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wiring for a Tiger River spa Bengal model m  (Read 3743 times)

Summer

Wiring for a Tiger River spa Bengal model m
« on: November 21, 2017, 10:57:57 am »
I recently bought a Tiger River spa and my friend helped me hook it up and do all the wiring. He also is an Electrician.  Before I read the manual he hooked it up to a 50 amp breaker in a sub panel. But also to a 50 amp breaker at the Shut off.
My problem is that the heater won’t totally heat the tub and I can’t seem to get water in the tubs.  The manual said to hook up a 20 amp breaker for the jets and a 30 amp breaker for the heater.   Is that why it is not heating enough. Because it’s hooked up
To a 50 amp breaker instead of
the separate 20 and 30 am breaker?

Hot Tub Forum

Wiring for a Tiger River spa Bengal model m
« on: November 21, 2017, 10:57:57 am »

Beck0101

Re: Wiring for a Tiger River spa Bengal model m
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 12:19:13 pm »
So the heater is turning on and running but not heating the tub "fully"?  If the heater is coming on and you aren't blowing any breakers it certainly sounds more like a heater issue, not a wiring issue.  But I'm not an electrician...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 12:29:41 pm »
I recently bought a Tiger River spa and my friend helped me hook it up and do all the wiring. He also is an Electrician.  Before I read the manual he hooked it up to a 50 amp breaker in a sub panel. But also to a 50 amp breaker at the Shut off.
My problem is that the heater won’t totally heat the tub and I can’t seem to get water in the tubs.  The manual said to hook up a 20 amp breaker for the jets and a 30 amp breaker for the heater.   Is that why it is not heating enough. Because it’s hooked up
To a 50 amp breaker instead of
the separate 20 and 30 am breaker?

When electricians hook up a spa like this based on how they think it should go this is often the result. You need to follow the wiring diagram specified in the manual!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 12:29:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42