What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub Pricing Guide(s)?  (Read 18279 times)

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Hot Tub Pricing Guide(s)?
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2017, 08:54:21 pm »
I am going to be the ass here...
Okay ass, if you don't want to answer the question, then pull my finger!

You haven’t asked a question. Not sure why you even joined this forum.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2017, 08:54:21 pm »

wondertubs

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2017, 09:06:47 pm »
You haven’t asked a question. Not sure why you even joined this forum.
I know, it's crazy (or now I know). That will do, thanks.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2017, 09:14:11 pm »
What is your specific question then?

I want a BMW at the price of a Geo metro, because the BMW is the same quality as the Metro and the dealer is just marking up the price.   

wondertubs

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2017, 09:22:49 am »
Not that anyone seems to be interested, for the most part, but here's a link to that Hot Tub Pricing Guide:
https://www.calderaspas.com/how-much-does-hot-tub-cost

Value-Priced Hot Tubs - $4,000 - $8,000
"The best value-priced hot tub models will have excellent performance but few showy bells and whistles—not the other way around."

So I was thinking that since small to large hot tubs are in this category, then a small one would start at $4000.  Too much to ask? Kiss my ass.

No offense, but the argument to the contrary is that I have nothing to base such an inclination on, except a personal problem (talk about low), and if there's only one tub that fits this description, so be it, I'm only looking for one.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 10:12:41 am by wondertubs »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2017, 11:15:24 am »
So go out and visit a few dealers and get pricing.  Or email them and get pricing.  I'm sure they will be thrilled to deal with a person like you

richierich

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2017, 11:32:58 am »
Wondertubs, the dealers on this forum are trying to be helpful. You just seem like a jerk.

wondertubs

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2017, 11:52:30 am »
Whatever, I didn't start it. Just asked a simple question.  Go figure... they won't even acknowledge that I asked a question.  Did you read that? Well don't start now (we wouldn't want to ruin a perfectly retarded response record here, as far as being disagreable over nothing).

Well, maybe I'll suspend my disbelief and check back in a few days, weeks, months to see if someone has specific suggestions for spa models in this imaginary category.  That's all I really care to discuss, so the rest is for your entertainment (I think it's getting boring, but that's just me).
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 12:26:56 pm by wondertubs »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2017, 12:28:17 pm »
Wondertubs, the dealers on this forum are trying to be helpful. You just seem like a jerk.

Yes but people who act like this are always blinded and unable to see how they're acting. It reminded me of flights I've taken where you see someone act like a jerk to the flight attendants because they feel that their ticket entitles them somehow while the rest of us see the attendants as someone trying to be helpful to us so we treat them with a degree of respect.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

castletonia

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2017, 01:51:38 pm »
If you want an entry level 2-3 person spa for under $5k and not roto-molded, your options are limited, at least from quality manufacturers.  Hot Spot SX, Caldera Aventine, Nordic Stella, Viking Aurora 2/3/P/PSL, South Seas 521L or 617C should all be available under $5k, but price again depends on what the dealer is offering for accessories, what options it was ordered with, and sometimes how badly they want to make a sale. 

wondertubs

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2017, 08:53:03 pm »
If you want an entry level 2-3 person spa for under $5k and not roto-molded, your options are limited, at least from quality manufacturers.  Hot Spot SX, Caldera Aventine, Nordic Stella, Viking Aurora 2/3/P/PSL, South Seas 521L or 617C should all be available under $5k, but price again depends on what the dealer is offering for accessories, what options it was ordered with, and sometimes how badly they want to make a sale.
Good, thanks.

Your never going to find an accurate price guide like you are looking for.
I was going to give this a rest, but also found the Hot Tub Spa Manufacturer's Comparison Chart, which gives price ranges too, although they may be a little dated (since the Caldera are said to start at $3000 there, and relative to the Bullfrog mentioned in another topic, I guess they've all gone up around $1000 since).

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2017, 01:44:06 pm »
Did anyone ask about what dealers and manufacturers are even in his area?  I tried to read through all of this and its so convoluted at this point I am just starting from scratch. 

Wondertubs- Identify the brands in your area, based on local dealers who will your support long-term (speaking in terms of warranty and chemical help, etc) and see what brands are available in the price range you're comfortable with.  Its the best way to take the big mess that is hot tub sales and to streamline and simplify the process. 

From there, research the dealers and see who is reputable.  Sit in the tubs empty to get a feel for what tub(s) is/are the best fit for you personally and check out the pricing and features.  From there, come back to the forum and we can help you sift through what you whittled down.

Maybe this is the better way- Instead of asking people's opinions about hot tubs, find out what you're able to personally buy and present some of the units that are available to you specifically.

I hope this helps. Good luck moving forward.

wondertubs

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2017, 01:57:15 pm »
Thanks, but I'm not really looking for help in not finding a pricing guide, you see? Feel free not to comment about not finding any price ranges, thanks again. I mean the ones I've found (or comments to that effect) are fine, if that's about it.  Just wondering... and really, I shouldn't have to ask, so if I can avoid going there (or more than one place in person), I just might. Obviously they know they're going to turn off a number of people by not giving price ranges, just like evangalists don't appel to everyone (and I didn't decide on my religion by going to a church or several of them either).  I'm just comparing notes on hot tubs though (which is really for someone else), not asking for "help" myself, thanks for the info. I've read several topics here and elsewhere, so I'm familiar with the concept in general.  Price is a factor, like other specifications, and it doesn't happen to be specified as often, unlike most things out there. But I'll take that into consideration upfront too, as there is some information out there, so obviously it isn't just me looking into that.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 02:56:03 pm by wondertubs »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2017, 02:48:49 pm »
 WOW  :o   I would say good luck to you then.   See ya, adios, don't let the door hit you in the ass ect,ect.. 

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2017, 02:54:11 pm »
Thanks, but I'm not really looking for help in not finding a pricing guide, you see? Feel free not to comment about not finding any price ranges, thanks again. I mean the ones I've found (or comments to that effect) are fine, if that's about it.  Just wondering... and really, I shouldn't have to ask, so if I can avoid going there (or more than one place in person), I just might. Obviously they know they're going to turn off a number of people by not giving price ranges, just like evangalists don't appel to everyone (and I didn't decide on my religion by going to a church or several of them either).  I'm just comparing notes on hot tubs though (which is really for someone else), not asking for "help" myself, thanks for the info. I've read several topics here and elsewhere, so I'm familiar with the concept in general.  Price is a factor, like other specifications, and it doesn't happen to be specified as often, unlike most things out there. But I'll take that into consideration upfront too.

I am not sure I follow any of this but indeed good luck moving forward. 

wondertubs

« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2017, 03:15:04 pm »
WOW  :o
Why is that a wow? Doesn't the title define the topic?  Anyway, I'd look forward to discussing more about hot tubs in person if people were upfront with me, but maybe I'm funny that way... "everybody funny, now you funny too".
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 03:17:46 pm by wondertubs »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2017, 03:15:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42