What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Enzyme issue  (Read 14722 times)

castletonia

Re: Enzyme issue
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2017, 07:52:41 am »
I wonder if your enzyme product was mispackaged and is something else.  I have never seen any enzyme product cause foam.  I suppose that its possible that combined with something else, maybe.  Years ago I accidentally added Natural Chemistry Spa Purge instead of Spa Perfect to a hot tub on my showroom floor.  Lots of foam.  I called Natural Chemistry and their only solution was drain and refill, which is what I did.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2017, 07:52:41 am »

bradleyabell

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2017, 09:04:12 am »
I wonder if your enzyme product was mispackaged and is something else.  I have never seen any enzyme product cause foam.  I suppose that its possible that combined with something else, maybe.  Years ago I accidentally added Natural Chemistry Spa Purge instead of Spa Perfect to a hot tub on my showroom floor.  Lots of foam.  I called Natural Chemistry and their only solution was drain and refill, which is what I did.

I would like to avoid this at all cost (if possible).  I've only had the tub for around 2 months now and just drained it once already 3 weeks ago due to biofilm.  Would love to get on this "change your water every 4 month" routine, but so far that doesn't seem real for me.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2017, 11:12:26 am »

I would like to avoid this at all cost (if possible).  I've only had the tub for around 2 months now and just drained it once already 3 weeks ago due to biofilm.  Would love to get on this "change your water every 4 month" routine, but so far that doesn't seem real for me.

Do you have anymore of that enzyme stuff you can bring back to the dealer to see if it was mis-labeled?  Are you able to maintain a bromine/chlorine level in the tub?

bradleyabell

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2017, 01:00:56 pm »

Do you have anymore of that enzyme stuff you can bring back to the dealer to see if it was mis-labeled?  Are you able to maintain a bromine/chlorine level in the tub?

Yes to both questions.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2017, 01:21:51 pm »

How is your calcium level, and curious how you got biofilm after only 2 months?   Which brings us back to a sanitation issue.

bradleyabell

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2017, 02:12:04 pm »

How is your calcium level, and curious how you got biofilm after only 2 months?   Which brings us back to a sanitation issue.

Calcium level is right where it should be.  I only say I had biofilm because that is what I was told on this board.  People thought that was my issue and that I could have possibly gotten it from the factory.  I had constant foam issues, but a lot worse than what I am experiencing now.  The only foam I'm getting now happened right after using enzyme.  I set my filter to cycle 24 hours a day and I'm still having some foam buildup.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2017, 04:33:40 pm »
Still having foam issues ever since adding the enzyme.  Foam Down temporarily gets rid of it, but it not a "solve it" solution.  Does anyone have any good ways of actually eliminating the foam I'm getting?

Eliminate foam.......drain and refill.
Retired

bradleyabell

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2017, 09:57:35 pm »
Still having foam issues ever since adding the enzyme.  Foam Down temporarily gets rid of it, but it not a "solve it" solution.  Does anyone have any good ways of actually eliminating the foam I'm getting?

Eliminate foam.......drain and refill.

Was hoping to avoid that considering I just did that less than a month ago.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2017, 11:42:04 pm »
Is the foam white or colored like brown\black\yellow in color?  What type of sanitizer and what is the level at?

bradleyabell

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2017, 07:19:17 am »
Is the foam white or colored like brown\black\yellow in color?  What type of sanitizer and what is the level at?

Foam is white...I have no issues with scum or any sort of scum line currently.  Water is also crystal clear.
I am using bromine+mineral floaters and the bromine reads out around 3-5PPM

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2017, 11:15:42 pm »

Foam is white...I have no issues with scum or any sort of scum line currently.  Water is also crystal clear.

So is it getting better because before it was cloudy correct?  I would attack it with some liquid chlorine. Get the level up to 15-20 ppm for a day or two and kill off whatever is causing it. Unfortunately it sounds like whatever you got in that package was probably something else

Professor Spa

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2017, 09:17:52 am »
Enzyme systems always fgo cloudy for 12-36 hrs.

for foam keep alkalinity high end of ok then adjust ph to low end of ok

bradleyabell

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2017, 12:50:58 pm »

So is it getting better because before it was cloudy correct?  I would attack it with some liquid chlorine. Get the level up to 15-20 ppm for a day or two and kill off whatever is causing it. Unfortunately it sounds like whatever you got in that package was probably something else

What is liquid chlorine?  I have some dichlor I could use.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2017, 04:24:16 pm »

Liquid chlorine is bleach. Like the stuff you use in your laundry. Make sure it's unscented.

Lets talk about lotions, cream rinse, shampoos, deodorant, after shave, perfume. Stuff you, your wife/girlfriend, kids, friends may bring in to your tub.
Retired

bradleyabell

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2017, 06:35:05 pm »

Liquid chlorine is bleach. Like the stuff you use in your laundry. Make sure it's unscented.

Lets talk about lotions, cream rinse, shampoos, deodorant, after shave, perfume. Stuff you, your wife/girlfriend, kids, friends may bring in to your tub.

Gotcha. Thank you for clarifying.

Shouldn’t shocking eliminate any of the above oils/lotions?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2017, 06:35:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42