What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Which Bullfrog is the better deal?  (Read 19735 times)

meriflower

Re: Which Bullfrog is the better deal?
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2017, 01:25:10 pm »
You could ask if you can wet test using the Accutherapy and the Gyrosage jetpaks on a BF they have up and running - afterall they are made to be moved!  Granted it won't be the R5 model but at least you can try out the jetpaks.  They look like good jetpaks but I never personally owned them.  You can always purchase different jetpaks but last I heard they are $600 ea.  If you're able to wet test using those 2 jetpaks and you like them I would go for it.  If you feel it doesn't provide the best therapy or you hate them then no.  I would not purchase a spa without doing a wet test.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2017, 01:25:10 pm »

DJJ

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2017, 02:38:46 pm »
Unfortunately, a wet test is not possible. The spa is in their warehouse and they have none on the floor available for a wet test. I realize that is a big issue but there isn't much I can do about it.

richierich

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2017, 03:01:00 pm »
Try to negotiate for jet packs of your choice. If you like the lay out the r series seems to be the better buy.

bradleyabell

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2017, 03:07:11 pm »
Unfortunately, a wet test is not possible. The spa is in their warehouse and they have none on the floor available for a wet test. I realize that is a big issue but there isn't much I can do about it.

If they are serious about a sale they will pull one out of their warehouse and fill it...We had a dealer do that for us, who we unfortunately did not end up going with. 

Also - if you love the jet packs, you can always buy some on the side that you like more to use.

meriflower

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2017, 05:21:18 pm »

So you're not able to wet test a BF spa at all?  I was thinking more of the line to go into a BF spa that they have filled for wet testing and have them put the two jetpaks (Accutherapy and Gyrosage) in.  They don't actually need the whole R5L that is in their warehouse for you to be able to wet test the jetpaks - the jetpaks come out and are able to fit into any A and R series BF spa just not the STIL or X series.

DJJ

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2017, 06:20:50 pm »
It is hard to believe but they are one of the top spa dealers in this area with a showroom of 10-15 spas. None had water in them.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2017, 07:13:39 pm »
It is hard to believe but they are one of the top spa dealers in this area with a showroom of 10-15 spas. None had water in them.

I have 3-4 Spas going in my store at once.  In the last 2 years I've had about  3 people wet test them. For as much as it is suggested on here the majority of people don't do it. I have a hard time getting people in spas dry believe it or not. If I was dropping 10k on a spa I would want to make sure it was the right one for me.

DJJ

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2017, 07:45:41 pm »
That makes me feel a little bit better. I totally understand the recommendations to wet test. I never wet tested my first spa. I was feeling like the village idiot for not wet testing. I may just take the plunge. I am now at $5800 for a new Bullfrog R5L with ozone and a free cover lifter. They are charging me an additional $300 to remove my old tub. I unsuccessfully tried to get that included. Wet testing aside, good deal or no deal? And I just want to thank everybody on this board for all their help. It has been invaluable.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2017, 07:56:54 pm »
That makes me feel a little bit better. I totally understand the recommendations to wet test. I never wet tested my first spa. I was feeling like the village idiot for not wet testing. I may just take the plunge. I am now at $5800 for a new Bullfrog R5L with ozone and a free cover lifter. They are charging me an additional $300 to remove my old tub. I unsuccessfully tried to get that included. Wet testing aside, good deal or no deal? And I just want to thank everybody on this board for all their help. It has been invaluable.

Sounds like a good deal. The place I get rid of old tubs charges me almost $200 just to take it so $300 is a good deal considering they will have to pay a few guys to get rid of it

Sorrentino100

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2017, 10:32:00 pm »
I'd find another Bullfrog dealer and ask them for a wet test. Also, make sure they have every JetPak in-stock, so you can test every single one and pick the two you like best. They are expensive to purchase, so you want to ensure you have the two that best meet your needs.

Sometimes, it takes a bit of work to get what you need. You may feel it's too much work to locate and visit another dealer. It could be a few hour's drive. In the end, it will be worth it.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2017, 10:51:10 am »
5800 with ozone and lift is a ridiculous price. 

DJJ

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2017, 11:07:47 am »
That’s what I am thinking. They may sell the spa somebody else at that price if I don’t act quickly. I could always buy another Jetpack for $500-$600 if I’m not satisfied and still make out OK.

Beck0101

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2017, 11:10:22 am »
I'd buy it.  Sounds like a great deal.

bradleyabell

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2017, 02:48:44 pm »
That’s what I am thinking. They may sell the spa somebody else at that price if I don’t act quickly. I could always buy another Jetpack for $500-$600 if I’m not satisfied and still make out OK.

Don't feel rushed...If they sell that one, they can always special order one from Bullfrog - It just takes 2-3 weeks to get in.  If I were you...I would call the dealer and tell them you're ready to sign, but only if they will haul away the old spa for free...Tell them you're using all of your free cash on the spa.  They might bite to close the deal.

DJJ

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2017, 07:48:59 pm »
My bad. The spa company did have a wet test available in another room I did not see during my first visit. I wet tested the jetpacks that were included in my spa. The Gyrosage was awesome. The Acutherapy was awful. I found another one that I really liked the Neck Masseuse. Only problem is that they are about $500-$600 Each. Waiting to hear back if they can give me that jet pack at cost which I think is reasonable. I did give a refundable deposit to hold the spa. After all my research, I think a brand new Bullfrog R5L with ozone and cover lifter is a pretty good deal for $5800.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2017, 07:48:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42