What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Which Bullfrog is the better deal?  (Read 19731 times)

DJJ

Which Bullfrog is the better deal?
« on: November 13, 2017, 02:43:26 pm »
X5L floor model with upgraded light package and ozone for $5849 versus new in warehouse from cancelled order R5L with 2 jetpacks and ozone for $6299. I see that the R5L has a longer warranty but is very similar to the X5L other than the jetpacks. The R5L is white in color which I am not crazy about and the X5L is Sunset color which I prefer. I am trying to weigh the pros and cons to make an informed decision. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Which Bullfrog is the better deal?
« on: November 13, 2017, 02:43:26 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Which Bullfrog is the better deal?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 03:22:17 pm »
 For me the extra couple years of warranty, better filtration, nicer skirt panels and the jetpaks for 450 more bucks would be worth it.    Is it solid white or the platinum shell?   

meriflower

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 03:34:03 pm »
If it were me I would get the R5L.  For $450 more gets me a choice of jetpaks, a better warranty, and new.  I also see on the R5L has fixed jets for the hands/wrists and hips on the lounger.  I had a BF and I loved having the jetpaks.  I was one of those owners who changed them around.  Some do not however.  That’s my opinion for what it’s worth - it’s up to you In the end.

DJJ

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 04:11:00 pm »
Thanks so much for your replies. The color is Snow White which I am not crazy about but if I am getting a good deal I think  can live with it. Is there a difference between the White and Platinum? Thanks.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 04:14:42 pm »
Thanks so much for your replies. The color is Snow White which I am not crazy about but if I am getting a good deal I think  can live with it. Is there a difference between the White and Platinum? Thanks.

If you manage your water properly the white will be OK. I get what you mean though cleaning a ring around the tub sucks. And it becomes so much more visible with white.
Retired

DJJ

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 04:19:59 pm »
I agree. I am really not crazy about the white at all and it may be a deal breaker, unless I am getting a really good price. Is $6299 a real good deal? If not, I may pass. Unfortunately I am already over my budgeted price range and won't pay more for a different color.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 04:24:52 pm »

Platinum has greyish swirls in it.   I gotta say the snow white is my least favorite, but not the end of the world.   We sell the R5L for 6700 with ozone.  So yes it is a good deal.  Guessing they are not giving you choice of jetpaks as it is in stock, so which ones are in there if you know?

DJJ

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 04:36:15 pm »
The jetpacks are Accutherapy and Gyrosage. I have a lot of lower back pain. I am hoping those would help. This is all so confusing. I am also paying cash, which seems like I should get an even better deal. If you are selling them for $6700 and I could choose my own color and jetpacks, it doesn't seem like I am getting a great bargain.

DJJ

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 05:17:57 pm »
I also just heard from another spa dealer with a quote for an Artesian Santa Cruz with Ozone and Frog upgrades for $5295. I'm not sure if this spa is even in the same class as the Bullfrogs but somebody mentioned it was a nice spa on another thread. Maybe this would be an option?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 07:01:41 pm »
 Santa cruz is a nice spa.  Same warranty as the X5L and a better price. 

bradleyabell

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2017, 07:14:12 am »
We did not believe the jetpacks were worth the extra $$...Sounds like you need to wet test them both and then make a decision.  You'll know right away if it's worth it or not.

Beck0101

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2017, 08:58:25 am »
You guys have this big of a problem with the scum line?  Hmm...

I have snow interior and have only had a scum line once or twice in a year+.  Typically wipes off with zero effort, 3 minutes of work with a rag.  I run the "scum bugs" which does everything I need. 

Another thought - you can only really see these issues on white during the daytime.  Myself and most of the tub owners I know generally use our tubs post-dark 99% of the time. 

The lighter colored interiors will make your LED's look better, for what it's worth.

I'd vote for the R...

DJJ

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2017, 10:16:53 am »
Now you really have me thinking about the white R5L. I could have that one delivered in a couple of weeks versus ordering one and waiting 2 months. But is that $6299 price fair or should I try for a lower price? I was also considering Nordic Stella or Artesian Santa Cruz which are about $1000 cheaper. Are they much worse quality than the Bullfrog R5L? Ugh. My head is spinning.

Clarkp

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2017, 10:30:14 am »
I like the white shell so I *can* see any scum line right away.  I just keep a micro-fiber cloth close by and keep the scum line cleaned off all the time.  I too run the scum bugs and have very little to deal with.

DJJ

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2017, 12:34:40 pm »
The spa dealer just knocked off another $500. With a retail price of $7600, I can get the R5L for $5800, which is close to the X5L price. Should I take this deal even though I’m not crazy about the color and I have no choice on jet packs?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2017, 12:34:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42