What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Which Bullfrog is the better deal?  (Read 19971 times)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Which Bullfrog is the better deal?
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2017, 09:50:31 pm »
What tubs do you recommend that are better than BF and comparable to the R5L?

He hates BF because of their sales tactics.  So to him, he says pick what works for "you" but skip the BF.  Which I believe ironically was a BF you liked other then the one jet pack.     

Price wise if you were my customer I would probably do 450 to 5.  Maybe throw in some extra chems or a set of filters to close the deal.. 

My thoughts on it is you are going to rack your brain trying to figuring out if it's a good deal or not.   Ask the dealer to give you their best price on a spa ordered in, color you like and the packs you like.   If it's in you budget and you like the spa/it's the right fit for you buy it.   Or take the one on discount, get the pack you like and be happy. 
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 09:56:44 pm by Jacuzzi Jim »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2017, 09:50:31 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2017, 10:43:17 pm »
For $5800 there isn’t much that compares. Maybe a Black Friday deal?  I know this time of the year I’m blowing out spas to make room for 2018 on order.

DJJ

« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2017, 06:11:13 am »
That $5800 price already includes an entire chemical package valued at close to $150 and a cover lifter valued at $199.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2017, 06:54:56 am »
What tubs do you recommend that are better than BF and comparable to the R5L?

He hates BF because of their sales tactics.  So to him, he says pick what works for "you" but skip the BF.  Which I believe ironically was a BF you liked other then the one jet pack.     

Price wise if you were my customer I would probably do 450 to 5.  Maybe throw in some extra chems or a set of filters to close the deal.. 

My thoughts on it is you are going to rack your brain trying to figuring out if it's a good deal or not.   Ask the dealer to give you their best price on a spa ordered in, color you like and the packs you like.   If it's in you budget and you like the spa/it's the right fit for you buy it.   Or take the one on discount, get the pack you like and be happy.

I don't hate BF. You BF guys are the only ones who say that. I want potential tub owners to get whats right for them. So they stay in the tub family. DJJ have you ever owned a tub?

You guys put words in my mouth a lot.

Retired

DJJ

« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2017, 07:39:16 am »
I have owned the same tub, my first and only, for 16 years. It was a Thermospa which I know is not a highly regarded company. It actually still runs perfectly but has sprung a few leaks and the spa tech told me it wasn’t really worth fixing. I luckily had great luck with my Thermospa but it was an impulse buy and I had done very little research. I am trying to do a little better on the research this time. As far as the BF spa dealers “sales tactics”, the place I’m dealing with had no sales pitch or pressure whatsoever. They are so busy that I usually have to wait for a return call and their deliveries are backed up for weeks. They have not once initiated a phone call or contacted me after my initial visit. I am just looking for a small 2-3 person spa from reputable company at a good price. I was originally looking at a BF X5L but an upgrade to the R5L for only $400-$500 more seems like a great deal. I’m not crazy about the white color but I think I can get past that. I wet tested the jetpacks. Loved one. Not crazy about the other one. If I can get that changed out at a reasonable cost I may buy this tub. I personally think the jetpacks are a great idea.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 07:41:45 am by DJJ »

bradleyabell

« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2017, 08:00:44 am »
A cancelled order should be treated no differently than any other tub on their floor...Maybe that's their sales tactic??

I would not budge.  I would demand that they replace the jet pack you don't like at no extra cost.  It's not like you're asking for an extra one.

Demand lol. That should go over well. I don’t do demands very well. Your more apt to piss off the dealer with “demands”   The people who demand stuff end up being the biggest pains in the @sses who you wished you never dealt with in the first place. I have learned to not deal with these types of people. Better off in the long run. The OP is doing his due diligence but he is a customer I would t mind working with. He gets it, nothing is free and special orders cost money

When I said "demand", I didn't mean "YOU BETTER DO THIS OR ELSE"...I meant it more as make it an "expectation" and to make it known that is what you need to happen.  I negotiate for a living, so I'm not making this stuff up - It works!

bradleyabell

« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2017, 08:03:41 am »
I have owned the same tub, my first and only, for 16 years. It was a Thermospa which I know is not a highly regarded company. It actually still runs perfectly but has sprung a few leaks and the spa tech told me it wasn’t really worth fixing. I luckily had great luck with my Thermospa but it was an impulse buy and I had done very little research. I am trying to do a little better on the research this time. As far as the BF spa dealers “sales tactics”, the place I’m dealing with had no sales pitch or pressure whatsoever. They are so busy that I usually have to wait for a return call and their deliveries are backed up for weeks. They have not once initiated a phone call or contacted me after my initial visit. I am just looking for a small 2-3 person spa from reputable company at a good price. I was originally looking at a BF X5L but an upgrade to the R5L for only $400-$500 more seems like a great deal. I’m not crazy about the white color but I think I can get past that. I wet tested the jetpacks. Loved one. Not crazy about the other one. If I can get that changed out at a reasonable cost I may buy this tub. I personally think the jetpacks are a great idea.

I have an X8L and we went with the white/pearl color and love it FWIW.

DJJ

« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2017, 08:56:24 am »
I think I would be fine with the white pearl. This one is Snow White which is about as white as you can get.

Sorrentino100

« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2017, 10:38:51 am »
Bullfrog is now offering a factory rebate. You should look into that; it may be similar to their zero percent/48 month financing.

DJJ

« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2017, 01:47:01 pm »
Thanks for the info. I will check into that rebate.

DJJ

« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2017, 04:01:17 pm »
Sorrentino is the best! Bingo! I just checked on the rebate with my spa dealer. $500 rebates started today. I just ordered a brand new spa in the color and jetpacks of my choice for almost $400 less than I was paying for the in stock spa I was settling for. I will have to wait a few weeks longer but the wait will be worth it. Thanks to all on this board who helped me and I owe Sorrentino a beer!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2017, 06:04:59 pm »
Sorrentino is the best! Bingo! I just checked on the rebate with my spa dealer. $500 rebates started today. I just ordered a brand new spa in the color and jetpacks of my choice for almost $400 less than I was paying for the in stock spa I was settling for. I will have to wait a few weeks longer but the wait will be worth it. Thanks to all on this board who helped me and I owe Sorrentino a beer!

So he is selling a new ordered in for how much before rebate?   I am confused on how you are paying almost 400 less then the 5800 spa that was discounted?

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2017, 06:39:38 pm »

Nice! Great Decision, I sell a lot of the R5L model, great little powerful spa with incredible efficiency

DJJ

« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2017, 07:26:07 pm »
I am paying almost $400 less because I was given a price of $385 to replace the existing jetpack(which I feel is a more than fair price) that I didn’t want. Now that I can order the spa color and jet packs I want with the $500 rebate (which is exactly the discount I was receiving), I save $385. I get everything I want for $385 less than the spa I was “settling” for.

wondertubs

« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2017, 07:36:45 pm »
Thanks for the info, by the way, I was just looking up the X series: "Enjoy legendary reliability and comfort at an incredible price"... so what they mean by "incredible" then is the smallest tub with the fewest options starts at around $6000? What! :o
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 09:31:46 pm by wondertubs »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2017, 07:36:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42