What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Which Bullfrog is the better deal?  (Read 19953 times)

Sorrentino100

Re: Which Bullfrog is the better deal?
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2017, 12:24:41 am »
The Bullfrog dealer should provide you with your choice of JetPaks. You really should test ALL of them and pick the ones you like best.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2017, 12:24:41 am »

DJJ

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2017, 04:44:02 am »
I agree. But my only problem is that this tub is in stock from a cancelled order. So the Jetpacks on the spa were what the previous buyer ordered. That is why I am getting a better break on the price. I am hoping to change out one of the jetpacks at a fair price. I’m not sure of the dealers cost on the jetpacks. I may end up passing on this tub if we can’t reach an agreement. But it will cost me more to order one and I will not expect delivery until next year.

bradleyabell

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2017, 07:17:31 am »
A cancelled order should be treated no differently than any other tub on their floor...Maybe that's their sales tactic??

I would not budge.  I would demand that they replace the jet pack you don't like at no extra cost.  It's not like you're asking for an extra one.

DJJ

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2017, 07:34:12 am »
I do believe their story about the cancelled order. It was a tub that I was not even looking at. Any other tub I want has to be ordered. I am going to try and get the jetpack changed out. Otherwise, I may just have to pay more and wait 2 months for the tub of my choice. Is there any place that sells jetpacks at a decent price? I can’t find anything online.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2017, 09:09:56 am »

I would ask and see what they can do discount wise for another jet pack.  Deals are deals, "demanding" something from a dealer doesn't sit well with me.     I think your dealer has been more than fair.  At that price trust me he is not getting rich off you.  To avoid the removal charge get rid of it yourself.  Push, pull or cut the thing up into pcs and take it to the dump.  My guess is you will appreciate the 300 disposal fee for them to do it.

DJJ

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2017, 12:27:27 pm »
I have absolutely no problem paying the $300 to remove my old tub. My only problem would be having to pay an additional $500-$600 to swap out one of my jetpacks. That would take a big chunk out of my discounted price.

d00nut

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2017, 01:09:05 pm »
I would demand that they replace the jet pack you don't like at no extra cost.  It's not like you're asking for an extra one.
]

As a dealer, I would say no.  I had many sales people swap jet paks due to customers wanting different ones for floor models.  We gave a significant discount (still do) for floor models.  The only thing is they don't get to choose the jet paks.  If they want another one, they can pay for it at a discounted rate.

It is an inventory nightmare, because we ended up with orphan jet paks left and right.  Jet Paks come in 8 different colors with stainless or no stainless, and have 17 different styles.  Do you have any idea what type of space we are talking?  Plus they are somewhat fragile, and need to be stored properly.

I'm not the dealer here in this situation, but I wouldn't be in a position to give the big discount on the floor model AND give a jet pak of choice.  Doesn't make good business sense

Sorrentino100

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2017, 03:54:01 pm »
It's not really a deal if you're not getting what you want. Wet test it again, try all the JetPaks and order it with the JetPaks you want.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2017, 05:45:40 pm »
Just some things to think about when buying a brand new spa....every month you'll spend between $30-$75 on electricity and water-care supplies, every 3-4 years you'll spend $500 on a new cover, eventually you'll need a new heating element and most likely a new pump which costs $. At least 2-3 times a year you'll need to spend time/energy/water on draining and refilling the spa and all of this can continue on for a period of 15-17 years of ownership.  Whats the point of this? spend the money and get what you want upfront..if you nickel and dime a spa purchase over a few hundred bucks you'll just be upset and won't use it as much if you don't get what you truly want...just my .02  Good Luck!

DJJ

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2017, 06:00:27 pm »
Great advice.......Amen!

d00nut

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2017, 06:13:26 pm »
Just some things to think about when buying a brand new spa....every month you'll spend between $30-$75 on electricity and water-care supplies, every 3-4 years you'll spend $500 on a new cover, eventually you'll need a new heating element and most likely a new pump which costs $. At least 2-3 times a year you'll need to spend time/energy/water on draining and refilling the spa and all of this can continue on for a period of 15-17 years of ownership.  Whats the point of this? spend the money and get what you want upfront..if you nickel and dime a spa purchase over a few hundred bucks you'll just be upset and won't use it as much if you don't get what you truly want...just my .02  Good Luck!

Can this be a sticky?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2017, 08:33:01 pm »
A cancelled order should be treated no differently than any other tub on their floor...Maybe that's their sales tactic??

I would not budge.  I would demand that they replace the jet pack you don't like at no extra cost.  It's not like you're asking for an extra one.

Demand lol. That should go over well. I don’t do demands very well. Your more apt to piss off the dealer with “demands”   The people who demand stuff end up being the biggest pains in the @sses who you wished you never dealt with in the first place. I have learned to not deal with these types of people. Better off in the long run. The OP is doing his due diligence but he is a customer I would t mind working with. He gets it, nothing is free and special orders cost money

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2017, 09:19:22 pm »

Can this be a sticky?

Make this a sticky, get the tub that is best for you. Skip the BF. There are better tubs out there. And there may be one you like a lot better. Go look.
Retired

DJJ

« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2017, 09:38:19 pm »
I am still waiting to hear back from the spa dealer. What would a fair “discounted” price be for a jet pack? I found them online for about $600.

DJJ

« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2017, 09:40:40 pm »
What tubs do you recommend that are better than BF and comparable to the R5L?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2017, 09:40:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42