What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How is jacuzzi J585?  (Read 13071 times)

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: How is jacuzzi J585?
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2017, 08:43:14 pm »
If you get sucked in by a sales pitch you'll buy every tub.  They all are the best at everything according to the sales guys.

Just test out the ones in your size and price range and you'll figure it out.

Haha so very true. When you are looking at the Spas you are considering I don’t think you can go wrong here. Pick out the one that fits you best and go from there. Only one of your options I haven’t seen in person is the J-585. All of these tubs have something that they do better then all the others. What it comes down to is which one is right for you

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2017, 08:43:14 pm »

hjscm

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2017, 09:29:12 pm »
how good is the micro silk on marquis?  my daughter has slight eczema and wondering if it would help.  Funny how true it is about the sales man.  man they are good.  all the dealers i have been to though have been around for 30+ years so can't go wrong there at least. might have to flip a couple of coins here.  the dealer for d1 talked me out of the serena bay tub.  he said that he doesn't sell many of them compared to lots of amore.  he had no problem selling me one but liked the amore better.

Sam

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2017, 02:27:34 pm »
A couple of companies sell micro-silk.  I'm not sold on it.  Fyi, you can't use it and the jets at the same time, which I've heard a couple people who got mention that they wish they had known that at the time of purchase.  I've also heard that it puts a huge strain on your filtration system because those billions of micro-bubbles pull nasty gunk out of your pores.

The Amore Bay really is an awesome hot tub and that price is pretty darn good.  If you're tired of the whole shopping process, you certainly aren't making a bad decision going that route.

MarKee

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2017, 03:03:20 pm »
I haven't seen a MicroSilk pump fail, but I was a little concerned with the 1 year warranty when we first started selling them.  I believe for the 2018 models, all Marquis MicroSilk pumps will be coming with an extended warranty of 3 years (ask your dealer or it may take a phone call to Marquis to verify this).

Still to this day I haven't heard a customer complain about MicroSilk, and we've sold a lot of spas with that option.  Most people that buy it seem to love it.

MicroSilk is available on the Epic and Euphoria models, but not the Show.

Meriflower on this forum was originally a Bullfrog owner and just bought a Marquis Spirit because of the MicroSilk option and the same skin conditions you're talking about.  I would send him a private message and get his feedback.

castletonia

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2017, 03:16:10 pm »
When I sold Marquis, I had good luck with Microsilk.  I did have one pump failure in 3 years out of maybe 15-20 spas total ( I didn't sell a lot with).  As Sam stated, you cannot use the Microsilk pump when the other jets are on.  I never had any filtration issues so to speak so cannot comment on that.  Prior to Marquis, I sold Sunrise and probably had 5-7 more spas with Microsilk with no known issues.  I liked the product and if I still sold Marquis, I would likely get it on a hot tub if I were in the market.

hjscm

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2017, 04:42:43 pm »
Just sat in a bullfrog and it felt good. I need to seriously stop shopping. Another good salesman talking about how the others I mentioned will have more problems then the bullfrog.  Got a decent price on an A8L order without audio $12,500 with cover and stairs. Worried about a more bay giving me problems. I will pm him and see if he liked the bullfrog or Marquis thanks

Thisismyname

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2017, 04:54:31 pm »
Just sat in a bullfrog and it felt good. I need to seriously stop shopping. Another good salesman talking about how the others I mentioned will have more problems then the bullfrog.  Got a decent price on an A8L order without audio $12,500 with cover and stairs. Worried about a more bay giving me problems. I will pm him and see if he liked the bullfrog or Marquis thanks

What area are you in?  I just got my Bullfrog A8 a few weeks ago

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2017, 05:45:38 pm »
how good is the micro silk on marquis?  my daughter has slight eczema and wondering if it would help.  Funny how true it is about the sales man.  man they are good.  all the dealers i have been to though have been around for 30+ years so can't go wrong there at least. might have to flip a couple of coins here.  the dealer for d1 talked me out of the serena bay tub.  he said that he doesn't sell many of them compared to lots of amore.  he had no problem selling me one but liked the amore better.

I have Microsilk on my personal tub, a Marquis Resort.  No complaints.  I enjoy it thoroughly.  I've sold a decent amount with that option and never had a complaint.  It's pretty obvious if you know how microsilk works why you can't run the pumps and the microsilk feature at the same time.  If you would like to see a video of microsilk in action and what it does and then how long it takes for your water to clearup PM your cell phone number and I will video it while I'm sitting in mine tonight

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2017, 05:46:43 pm »
A couple of companies sell micro-silk.  I'm not sold on it.  Fyi, you can't use it and the jets at the same time, which I've heard a couple people who got mention that they wish they had known that at the time of purchase.  I've also heard that it puts a huge strain on your filtration system because those billions of micro-bubbles pull nasty gunk out of your pores.

The Amore Bay really is an awesome hot tub and that price is pretty darn good.  If you're tired of the whole shopping process, you certainly aren't making a bad decision going that route.

It doesn't put a huge strain on your filter system.  Have you seen one in action before?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2017, 06:17:10 pm »

Yea just like what was mentioned before. If you believed all the sales pitch BS you'd have to buy 3-4 tubs. And you won't have to buy sliced bread anymore. The tub will do it.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 06:42:29 pm by Tman122 »
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2017, 06:39:32 pm »

Yea just like what was mentioned before. If you believed all the sales pitch BS you'd have to buy 3-4 tubs.

Truth of the matter is all tubs might have a problem at some point. You are looking at all high end tubs. A couple on your list are personal favorites and a couple I think are overrated. Others will disagree. Buy from a reputable dealer and pick the one that suits you best

hjscm

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2017, 08:58:23 pm »

What area are you in?  I just got my Bullfrog A8 a few weeks ago

Im in san Francisco area.  I think i might look at d1 amore bay next week one more time and maybe go with that.  the A8 jets hit me better then marquis but i might have to wet test the marquis again to make sure.

hjscm

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2017, 07:12:07 pm »
ok so saw the d1 amore bay.  I think i am going to pull the trigger on that one this week.  i have to have an electrician come by and see if i have enough room in panel for another 50 amp breaker.  Hopefully not making the wrong decision but like the jets and ability to turn every jet on off or controlled power of each one.  going to order a brand new one.

thanks for all the help

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2017, 07:21:46 pm »
ok so saw the d1 amore bay.  I think i am going to pull the trigger on that one this week.  i have to have an electrician come by and see if i have enough room in panel for another 50 amp breaker.  Hopefully not making the wrong decision but like the jets and ability to turn every jet on off or controlled power of each one.  going to order a brand new one.

thanks for all the help

Good choice. Cool looking tub

meriflower

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2017, 03:21:54 am »
Sounds like you have decided on the D1 - congrats!  As for MicroSilk it has helped me with my eczema which I’m extremely happy about!  I have not had any difficulty with filtration and maintaining my water because of it. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2017, 03:21:54 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42