What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Used Caldera Palatino Spa price  (Read 2773 times)

CHAR-brew

Used Caldera Palatino Spa price
« on: October 27, 2017, 01:38:47 pm »
hey everyone.
I have been looking at purchasing a new caldera Marino spa and today my salesman called me and said they got in a used 2013 Palatino spa and wondering if I was interested. Color is champagne which is not offered anymore. What do you think of this color? I haven't seen it in person yet since I am an hour away from the dealer.
They are offering it to me for $6300 installed. Includes the cover with lifter, chemicals, and steps. The cover is the used one it came with. They are also giving me 1 year warranty.

Does this seem like a fair price or am I getting hosed?
Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have no idea what the used hot tub market is!

thank you in advance for your help.

Hot Tub Forum

Used Caldera Palatino Spa price
« on: October 27, 2017, 01:38:47 pm »

danthespaman316

Re: Used Caldera Palatino Spa price
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 09:51:28 pm »
Seems a little steep for a 4 year old Caldera, a new unit can't be a lot more than that. Not sure where you are but I'd assume you can find a brand new 40ish jet dual pump unit with a full warranty for around 8K with all the add-ons you listed. Models within Jacuzzi's 200 series, Sundance's 600 series and Hot Springs' Highlife series are all comparable to that particular Caldera and sell around here in the mid to high 7's.

That's not to say that they're trying to hose you. They could very well be dealing with a customer looking to trade up for a new tub and that's the price they're asking for their old unit.

castletonia

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 11:17:35 am »
I am around $9k for a new Salina and depending on what step, lift and other accessories, can be more.  I think that is a bit high, but not being hosed high..  I personally would push for a new cover and try to get the price down a bit more. 

Yes you can find new hot tubs in a similar price range, but not equal spas.  No way you will get a Hot Spring Highlife series that is comparable anywhere under $10k.  If you are in the $6k - $7k range new, Caldera Vacanza and Hot Spring Hot Spot series, Jacuzzi 200 and Sundance 600 series, Bullfrog x series, maybe a stripped down Marquis e series and I'm sure Artesian and D1 also have spas in that price range. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 11:17:35 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42