What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog A8/R8 Owners  (Read 14276 times)

Sorrentino100

Bullfrog A8/R8 Owners
« on: October 22, 2017, 01:29:14 am »
What have been your experiences with your Bullfrog A8 or R8? I don't see much in the way of reviews. Curious about how you like the tub, how much it cost, what options you chose--including which Jetpaks and if you've had any issues with the tub.

I'd appreciate if you would post some photos of your setup.

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog A8/R8 Owners
« on: October 22, 2017, 01:29:14 am »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Bullfrog A8/R8 Owners
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 01:49:51 pm »
There are a dozen or so reviews on the A8 here: http://www.bullfrogspas.com/spas/a-series-hot-tubs/a8/

speaking from my own experience I sit in an R8 at least 2-3 times a week, it's really a wonderful spa, I love the size, large cool down seat, foot dome, big comfy corner seats that are different heights and of course in my opinion nobody stacks up against the various Bullfrog JetPaks, they have some really awesome jets and plenty of power.  Have you wet tested?

Sorrentino100

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 04:00:48 pm »
I tested an R7 and A8. Because of the size of the JetPaks, the footwell area in all but the "*8" Series is shallow. I found you sit deep in the tub and it may cause floating issues.

I read the reviews on Bullfrog's site. In reading the reviews I found a user had issues with a JetPak being cracked and two others leaking, as well as a problem with the .pump switch. Another user had every single speaker go bad in a month period. Everyone else wrote a good review but with little detail.

Anyone else on the forum that can share an A8/R8 experience?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 07:37:23 pm »
I'm not a bullfrog owner nor a dealer in fact they are my competitor in my market. They have come a long way with their new leadership group to the point where I feel they make a Tub that competes with anything else on the market. Thankfully for me the dealer in my territory for Bullfrog is pretty horrible so I don't really worry about them much. I have noticed most of the problems they had a few years ago (behind jet packs getting pretty nasty being one) have mainly been corrected. When you buy a brand like Bullfrog I don't think you can really go wrong as long as you have a good dealer. As far as online reviews I have seen quite a few positive ones about Bullfrog in here. In general most of the reviews online you will read will be negative. That's because 80-90% of people who review items like this are people who have had issues with the Tub. You had mentioned the Bullfrog reviews. One had a couple problems at the beginning but as you can read from his review the problems were solved immediately. This comes down to purchasing from a good dealer. Good luck in your search

Thisismyname

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 09:26:17 pm »
Just had my A8 delivered yesterday and hooked up today. Temp is about 77 so won't get in it til tomorrow.

guardrail22

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 01:36:13 pm »
Backyard Leisure in Raleigh want $14,500 for an A8L. How those on another post are buying them for $8,500 I don’t know.

Done looking at those. As good as they are I don’t need to be making last payment when I’m 79.

guardrail22

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 05:52:41 pm »
The other thing we noticed is the jets in the jet packs have no directional adjustment to them - they are all fixed.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 06:20:49 pm »
The other thing we noticed is the jets in the jet packs have no directional adjustment to them - they are all fixed.

did you wet test the Bullfrog? If not I would suggest it

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2017, 08:17:41 pm »
Backyard Leisure in Raleigh want $14,500 for an A8L. How those on another post are buying them for $8,500 I don’t know.

Done looking at those. As good as they are I don’t need to be making last payment when I’m 79.

$8500 is a crazy low price. I’ve said it before in these forums but selling that tub at that price is literally losing a dealer money. I have no idea how that is even possible. That and I sometimes wonder if some of the prices I see on here are even truthful. I have seen a few on tubs I carry and if I sold tubs at some of the prices I see on this forum I would be bankrupt in 6 months.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2017, 06:43:15 am »
As good as they are.

There's a few things I don't like about them, including what you mentioned. I think there are better options out there.
Retired

Beck0101

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2017, 07:42:32 am »
I picked up an A8 just over a year ago.  It's been outstanding.  If I had to do it over again I may get the 7 only because it's pretty rare that we have more than 2 people in our tub.  In fact....I think it's only happened three times?  The A8 is pretty big for a two person use case.

I have been exceedingly pleased with energy consumption.  In the summer I can't even tell the tub is running (on my electric bill).  In winter I think I settled in at about $20-$30 per month in extra cost.  Pretty great for a Michigan winter.  My tub is fully exposed to the weather where she sits.

Around my area you can nab an A8 with cover, chemicals, step and delivery right around $10k plus tax.  If you finance it the price goes up from there.

I'd skip the waterfall jet pack if I got to reorder.  It looks cool...but that's about it.  And one of the other "hardcore blaster" type packs is pretty loud, even on low, but otherwise I have loved the selection.

I think you can't go wrong with Bullfrog.  My two cents only of course.

Thisismyname

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2017, 10:30:45 am »
Just got my A8 this past weekend in Michigan.  Prices you described are about spot on for our area as far as purchase price. 

We'll see what it does to my electric....have it outside but under a deck and surrounded by a retaining wall so may be a bit more insulated from the weather.

I skipped the waterfall pack.

guardrail22

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2017, 12:29:31 pm »
Only reason I would wet test BF would be if the test got me a 1/2 off coupon.

I don’t routinely test drive Porsche’s either.

Beck0101

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2017, 07:41:13 am »

I think the OP was specifically asking about BF.  There are plenty of other manufacturers out there at different price points but I don't think that was the point of this thread? 

Free tubs show up on craigslist every day.  If cost is the primary driver look no further than "free, you pick up".

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2017, 04:31:41 pm »

I think the OP was specifically asking about BF.  There are plenty of other manufacturers out there at different price points but I don't think that was the point of this thread? 

Free tubs show up on craigslist every day.  If cost is the primary driver look no further than "free, you pick up".

Not everyone has the budget for a premium top-end spa, Nordic (just as 1 example) has spas that sell as low as $3,495-$3,995 for brand new units albeit on the smaller side

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2017, 04:31:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42