What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Gecko yj advice  (Read 1578 times)

tru.playaz

Gecko yj advice
« on: October 21, 2017, 04:51:59 pm »
Hi, thanks in advance for any help or advice given. Im based in the uk and am looking at adding a new spa pack to my hot tub. The tub itself is a portable liner style and uses a heated blower for bubbles only and only has the pump for heating circulation. The pack im using at the minute is a balboa lite style which only uses circ and blower. Its very basic and uses the lite leader topside with heat and blower overlay. Once the temp is reached the circ pump shuts down and filters half hour in every 1.5hrs. This is a perfect basic set up for the hot tub which i use to hire out and not too complicated for the customer.

Now the manufacturer is no longer supporting the tubs i need a replacement pack. As balboa dont seem interested in talking to such a small fry i have approached gecko who have beem more than helpful and recommend their yj series. The heater has 25% more heat so ticks all the boxes.

My questions are,

Will this be able to run the same set up as the balboa pack i use already, i.e one circ pump, one 900w blower and still run off a uk 13amp plug and play.

Am i correct in thinking the circ pump runs 24hrs regardless of filter settings.

As no main pump is required for jets etc will it work without one?

Once the intial settings are configured, do they stay set forever until changed. Or require re doing after each power off?

I will be using the gecko circ pump also.

Any help woupd be appreciated. I have good knowledge of the balboa packs but need any tips, recommendations, feedback on the yj series would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Tru

Hot Tub Forum

Gecko yj advice
« on: October 21, 2017, 04:51:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42