What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Rooftop hot tubs  (Read 2324 times)

Scooter26

Rooftop hot tubs
« on: October 18, 2017, 01:33:57 pm »
 Myself and the neighbors are both seeking to create rooftop a rooftop deck in a major northeastern city.
The roof—which is fiberglass— is able to accommodate up to 10k lbs and has a 220 volt electric capabilities  and a portion of the roof is been flattened out to accommodate a tub.
I’m wondering if you things one
Number one do any of you have experience in having installing are maintaining  outdoor tubs in the Northeast?  If so, what kind of brands work best?
Number two, are there any issues that she wish she would’ve addressed with the roof before hand now in hindsight?
 As of now we are simply looking to find a four person well insulated Tub.
Anything else we should consider
Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Rooftop hot tubs
« on: October 18, 2017, 01:33:57 pm »

jackie1

Re: Rooftop hot tubs
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 05:55:58 pm »
Clearwater spas are decently priced and have nice features.

Sorrentino100

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 12:57:49 am »
What's that creaking noise!?

Consult with a licensed Professional Engineer to ensure this will work safely.

bud16415

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 08:51:37 am »
What's that creaking noise!?

Consult with a licensed Professional Engineer to ensure this will work safely.

I totally agree with the last post. DO NOT try and design this based around what you think or have been told about the roof loading. You need a pro in this case to run the numbers and make a recommendation. Buildings are designed for wind and snow loading and unless the building was designed for the added weight and you have that in writing I would want the advice of a pro. A tub is a source of point loading and that is much different than what the roof can take with distributed loading.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 08:32:22 pm »
Clearwater spas are decently priced and have nice features.

A lot of brands I would look at before Clearwater. Marquis, Hot Springs, Sundance, Caldera, Bullfrog, Jacuzzi to name a few. Agree with the other posters on here about having a engineer check that out before putting a tub up there. Outdoor tubs in the Northeast are very popular. I sell quite a few in the Northeast. Make sure you get a well insulated tub from a good dealer who sells a reputable brand. Whereabouts in the Northeast are you?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 08:32:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42