What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Price negotiation time  (Read 6840 times)

shpion1

Price negotiation time
« on: October 17, 2017, 07:34:04 pm »
So I've been doing lots of research and am down to the few to wet test.  I'm in Northern VA for reference... i'm getting quoted a set of cash prices and then around  2K more for "0%" financing,  interested in your thoughts on the quotes and how much negotiating room there is.  all are basically same equipment (Ozone, lights, cover, lift, basic steps, delivery, chems) Tubs are in the order that i like, cash prices quoted... wet testing this weekend and buying one after done testing
All prices plus tax

Caldera Geneva $11600 - great dealer
Aresian Grand Bahama Elite - $10600 - great dealer
Jacuzzi J375  $10750 - great dealer as well
Jacuzzi J480 - $13750 - floor model, 2016, has sound system
Bullfrog X8L - $9000
Marquis Reward - 11500
Dimension One Bay Amore $13500 - floor model, sound system

i don't really like it due to base (sheet) but wife likes a Marquis 660, $10700... seems overpriced compared with others.

appreciate everyones thoughts and also all the information on this forum.  hopefully i can contribute some once i get my tub set up

Hot Tub Forum

Price negotiation time
« on: October 17, 2017, 07:34:04 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Price negotiation time
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 07:57:57 am »
Welcome to the forum.  You have an amazing amount of choices.   Feel free to stop in and just look at each one multiple times. I've often felt dealers get a little more open as they see you are a serious buyer and actively comparing.  It can be then that offers drop.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

bwspa

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 10:18:23 am »
Not sure you can get these deals but I just bought the Grand Bahama Elite for $9400, custom order without audio, their Crystal AOP system, inline @ease, upgraded LED lighting, cover lifter, steps, chemicals and 5 years 0%. Plus tax

I was comparing against a Marquis Epic for $10,400 (without financing). Plus tax

I'm in the Midwest

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 11:16:06 am »
So I've been doing lots of research and am down to the few to wet test.  I'm in Northern VA for reference... i'm getting quoted a set of cash prices and then around  2K more for "0%" financing,  interested in your thoughts on the quotes and how much negotiating room there is.  all are basically same equipment (Ozone, lights, cover, lift, basic steps, delivery, chems) Tubs are in the order that i like, cash prices quoted... wet testing this weekend and buying one after done testing
All prices plus tax

Bullfrog X8L - $9000
Marquis Reward - 11500

i don't really like it due to base (sheet) but wife likes a Marquis 660, $10700... seems overpriced compared with others.

appreciate everyones thoughts and also all the information on this forum.  hopefully i can contribute some once i get my tub set up

All good brands so that's not an issue and you seem to have found some very good dealers which is important so you're doing well. After wet testing your top choices this weekend I'll bet you'll find that 1 or 2 stand out above the rest making your decision easier. The problem is we can't really predict which you'll like in the wet test because it super subjective.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

MarKee

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 02:08:24 pm »
The Marquis 660 is a great spa and I wouldn't be concerned about the base.  It has a polysheet plastic bottom that is sealed better than most tubs.  It has a very powerful pump/jet system and one of the nicest layouts in the market with the multi-level seating and footwell room.

bradleyabell

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 02:16:26 pm »
I just bought the X8L for less than $7,200 out the door including all that
you mentioned.  You’ve got a decent price range, and if price isn’t a big factor for you, definitely go with one of the tubs that has an awesome dealer.

d00nut

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 02:28:22 pm »
Bullfrog X8L - $9000
Marquis Reward - 11500

One of these spas is not like the other.  You are comparing Bullfrog's large entry level line to at LEAST the mid-level lines to luxury lines of everything else.  I'd at least be looking at an R8L if you are comparing Bullfrog to the rest.

Also, go with a great dealer!

MarKee

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 04:44:13 pm »
Bullfrog X8L - $9000
Marquis Reward - 11500

One of these spas is not like the other.  You are comparing Bullfrog's large entry level line to at LEAST the mid-level lines to luxury lines of everything else.  I'd at least be looking at an R8L if you are comparing Bullfrog to the rest.

Good point d00nut!

Sam

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 06:13:58 pm »
Bullfrog's X series are pretty damn nice though.  They shouldn't really be called "entry level".  They just don't have jetpaks so they fall below their other lines.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 08:00:14 pm »

Looks like you have a great selection. I’m not a Jacuzzi dealer so I may be incorrect but isn’t the base on the J300 Series the same as the marquis 660. As a Marquis dealer and a Caldera dealer I can say you are getting great prices on both the Reward and the Geneva. X Series bullfrog is the only one of these option that I don’t really think belongs in this conversation. Good tub but the others listed are a step up. R series or A series would be more comparable. As far as price on the 660 it could be good or a bit high. On that series Marquis pretty much everything is a option. So if it has full foam, lighting upgrade, cover companion, matching step, spa frog, ozone then that’s a pretty good price for that tub. It’s actually one of my favorite Marquis tubs especially for families due to the multi level seating in it

All prices plus tax

Bullfrog X8L - $9000
Marquis Reward - 11500

shpion1

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2017, 06:34:23 pm »
Welcome to the forum.  You have an amazing amount of choices.   Feel free to stop in and just look at each one multiple times. I've often felt dealers get a little more open as they see you are a serious buyer and actively comparing.  It can be then that offers drop.

Thanks, actually most of the dealers have been great.  I'm in the Northern VA area and was surprised a bit. One we hit after work and he had changed hours to close an hour earlier but he stayed open with us and explained his brands for over an hour.  Two other dealers also AWESOME,..  one horrible experience, the old man at the Hot Springs was horrendous... I walked out and he could have a sale at half price and wont go there again,  I went in telling him we're looking at a number other tubs like Caldera etc and he went off that Caldera UTOPIA is three tiers below Hot Springs and how much better they are etc etc.  i asked what makes them better,,, he said THEY JUST ARE.... really nasty.,, good luck to them but the others have been awesome. 

shpion1

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2017, 06:38:18 pm »
The Marquis 660 is a great spa and I wouldn't be concerned about the base.  It has a polysheet plastic bottom that is sealed better than most tubs.  It has a very powerful pump/jet system and one of the nicest layouts in the market with the multi-level seating and footwell room.

Wet Testing it tomorrow along with the REWARD.. from my research looks like similar internals... thanks for input on bottom...i'm still a little wary about the shorter warranty on the 660.  that's one of my cons against it

shpion1

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2017, 06:40:17 pm »
Bullfrog X8L - $9000
Marquis Reward - 11500

Tracking... he'll have an A8L for testing... the X8 was the lower end entry along with a Caldera Makena that didn't make the list but i tested today.  Liked it better than the Artesian. 

shpion1

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2017, 06:49:07 pm »

Looks like you have a great selection. I’m not a Jacuzzi dealer so I may be incorrect but isn’t the base on the J300 Series the same as the marquis 660. As a Marquis dealer and a Caldera dealer I can say you are getting great prices on both the Reward and the Geneva. X Series bullfrog is the only one of these option that I don’t really think belongs in this conversation. Good tub but the others listed are a step up. R series or A series would be more comparable. As far as price on the 660 it could be good or a bit high. On that series Marquis pretty much everything is a option. So if it has full foam, lighting upgrade, cover companion, matching step, spa frog, ozone then that’s a pretty good price for that tub. It’s actually one of my favorite Marquis tubs especially for families due to the multi level seating in it

All prices plus tax

Bullfrog X8L - $9000
Marquis Reward - 11500

right about the X series, testing A8L tomorrow..,  I had 2 lower level tubs on my spreadhseet that are part of the research... like i mentioned, i actually liked the other lower price one, the Makena better than the loaded Artesian.  I'll have to double check but i have a "full pan" annotated for the 375, wet testing it tomorrow so will double check with dealer. 

the 660 would go much higher on my list but concerned about the lower warranty than the 10.7.5,5 on the other tubs... unless the wet test knocks it out of the park, it would have to be a heck of a deal to move it to the top.

TelesGypy

Price negotiation time
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2017, 02:33:34 am »
My dealer would only give me 1,000 of MSRP for me me being a repeat order customer of theirs, but this was just the beginning of the negotiation.

Hot Tub Forum

Price negotiation time
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2017, 02:33:34 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42