What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera Martinique no heat  (Read 2559 times)

riddler

Caldera Martinique no heat
« on: October 05, 2017, 11:56:37 pm »
My 2004 Martinique has plenty of water flow and the circ pump seems to be working fine, but I have lost the heat. I have tried resetting it and running it without the filter but had no luck with that. There are no indicator lights telling me that there is an issue, and it seems that my circuit breakers are also working fine. Is there a high limit switch in the panel that I could try resetting?
I would like to see if I can trouble shoot the issue before making a service call.  I appreciate any help that I can get on this topic.

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera Martinique no heat
« on: October 05, 2017, 11:56:37 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Caldera Martinique no heat
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 12:01:51 am »
Is the heater breaker in your gfci box tripping?

riddler

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 12:06:43 am »
No, there is no sign of the circuit breaker tripping.

Conine2965

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 07:35:57 am »
Tale thé hose off thé front of thé circ pump  and check for débris. On my tahitain this world cause my heat To stop but not give me and Eero. Good luck  make sure power iso off

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 07:44:21 am »
My 2004 Martinique has plenty of water flow and the circ pump seems to be working fine, but I have lost the heat. I have tried resetting it and running it without the filter but had no luck with that. There are no indicator lights telling me that there is an issue, and it seems that my circuit breakers are also working fine. Is there a high limit switch in the panel that I could try resetting?
I would like to see if I can trouble shoot the issue before making a service call.  I appreciate any help that I can get on this topic.

If the flow is good, do you have an electrical tester and know how to use it? Check power at the heater input terminals when the tub is calling for heat.
Retired

d00nut

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 12:04:00 pm »
My bet.  Heater Relay board.  Like Tman said, if you check the power coming out of the board for the heater, I bet it's nada.  If it is, you can pull the heater relay board out and check on the back side to see if it is burnt.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 08:56:00 pm by d00nut »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 01:51:08 pm »
My beat.  Heater Relay board.  Like Tman said, if you check the power coming out of the board for the heater, I bet it's nada.  If it is, you can pull the heater relay board out and check on the back side to see if it is burnt.

Before I checked the board I would look to a sensor to be causing the problem with no power to the heater. But we have to know if power is going to the heater when it's calling for heat first. Then we can work from there. And we may well end up at the board. 13 years old.
Retired

riddler

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 11:08:00 pm »
Thanks guys, I will get a tester and see if there’s an issue with the board. My dealer is leaning towards that as well.

riddler

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 03:09:10 pm »
Whoever guessed Heater board, we have a winner...
Just replaced it after 13 years.. thanks for the help guys..

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 03:09:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42