What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Palm Springs Area  (Read 5427 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Palm Springs Area
« on: January 09, 2006, 10:25:26 am »
Is there anyone out there in cyberspace that lives in the Palm Springs area, preferably one of my little online buddies and not some of the goatriders that give me hell from time to time?

If so, I'm going to be out there Wed-Sat this week and if you give me a holler, I'll buy you dinner and we'll try to scrounge up some Shiner Bock and cigars.

Gomboman, Brooke (and her husband), Mendo, Chas, socal?

Free dinner available. :)

Terminator
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 11:12:11 am by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

Palm Springs Area
« on: January 09, 2006, 10:25:26 am »

socal

• so it begins
Re: Palm Springs Area
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 12:01:37 pm »
hmmmmmm, stoggies and shiner bock (if avail). sounds good to me!
Marquis dealer

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 02:32:43 pm »
Well, I just found out that my plane leaves at 7 am Tuesday instead of Wednesday, so I'm scrambling to get ready.  We're going to stay a couple of extra days and play around in Kaliforney, so I'll see ya'll later.

Feel free to take over Pic o the Day while I'm gone and hopefully I'll have some good ones when I git back.

See ya'll!

Terminator

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 04:34:27 pm »
I am about 45 mintues from Palm Springs....

Brookenstein

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 08:56:12 pm »
Hey!  I'm about an hour away.  Let me know when you are free and we can see if we can work something out.  I've usually got 2 kids with me, but if that doesn't bother you, we are pretty open in the afternoons.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 12:12:57 pm »
Term, give us an update when you get back on the main board. I bet you had trouble finding your Shiner Bock at the hotel bar........ :)
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2006, 08:37:22 pm »
Mendo, Brook, Gombo, socal, I am so sorry I didn't get ya'lls messages sooner.  My boss got the departure date mixed up and I had to get a million things done before we left.  I would have loved to have gotten to meet ya'll in person.

I got in such a big hurry that I left my laptop at the store and right now is the first time I've been able to check the internet (Sunday night, Jan. 15th, I'm at the Admiral's Club at DFW Airport).

I did get to meet Guzz and we had a good time.  He is a gentleman to the hilt and I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with him.  We sat in a lot of classes together and indulged ourselves at the bar a bit.

Gomboman, I got some funny looks when I requested Shiner Bock at the restaurants.  I did, however, find out that ya'll have GREAT grocery stores in California.  In one stop, I picked up shaving cream, Shiner Bock, Maker's Mark, and a couple of cigars.  In Texas, I would've had to go to 3 different stores to get all of that.

The Esmeralde Resort was sooooooo nice, beat the hell out of the Motel 6 that Tom Bodett is so fond of.  The food was excellent but made my urine smell funny.

El Paseo Drive was full of big bosomed women and Ferarris, Porsches, Jaguars, Rolls, Mercedes, and other assorted fine automobiles that are not prevalent in Longview, TX.

I miss my family and am looking forward to having normal pee once more.

Terminator

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2006, 01:11:14 pm »
Term, I have a hard time finding it myself out here.  There's a small liquor store near Socal's place that sells specialty beers that carries it. Send me some pics when you have time. Oh, what's a Maker's Mark?

[quote  
Gomboman, I got some funny looks when I requested Shiner Bock at the restaurants.  I did, however, find out that ya'll have GREAT grocery stores in California.  In one stop, I picked up shaving cream, Shiner Bock, Maker's Mark, and a couple of cigars.  In Texas, I would've had to go to 3 different stores to get all of that.

Terminator [/quote]

Terminator

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2006, 02:29:17 pm »
Maker's Mark is a Kentucky Bourbon that you've probably seen in the stores.  Each bottle is sealed with bright red wax coating the entire neck of the bottle.  I am an official ambassador and drewstar is as well.  What that means is that we are non-paid advertisers for their product and they shower us with assorted gifts and priveledges in order to keep us on the streets promoting their brand.  What a winning deal for both sides!  I do love their whiskey!

Terminator

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2006, 02:32:32 pm »
wait, theres a "specialty" store that sells shiner bock??? and i dont know about it??? gombo, please let me know where it is
Marquis dealer

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2006, 02:55:24 pm »
wait, theres a "specialty" store that sells shiner bock??? and i dont know about it??? gombo, please let me know where it is

We stopped at Ralph's Market right across the street from Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Palm Springs and bought a six-pack.  Coolest grocery store I've ever visited.

Terminator

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2006, 03:06:44 pm »
term, you are easily impressed arent you??? ;D :D ;)
Marquis dealer

Brookenstein

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2006, 03:32:40 pm »
Wow, impressed by Ralph's.  Never woulda thunk that.   ;D  I'm guessing Texas is like Oregon and you can't buy hard liquor at the grocery store and that is what you were impressed by.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2006, 04:11:12 pm »
Socal and Brooke, you're right.  You can't buy hard liquor anyplace but the liquor store.  You can't buy it after 9:00 pm and you can't buy it at all on Sunday.  That's why we Texans are so well behaved as the demon rum is supplied to us on a limited basis.

Terminator

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2006, 04:24:49 pm »
mmmmmmmm demon rum....... my favorite
Marquis dealer

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2006, 04:24:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42