What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian versus Caldera  (Read 5027 times)

laiva

Artesian versus Caldera
« on: September 30, 2017, 08:03:26 pm »
Hi all! We're looking at buying our first spa, and are hoping to get some advice. We're choosing between an Artesian Waikiki Elite and a Caldera Salina. Does anyone have experience, good or bad, they can share about those spas in particular or the manufacturers in general? Thanks very much for your help!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 08:46:14 pm by laiva »

Hot Tub Forum

Artesian versus Caldera
« on: September 30, 2017, 08:03:26 pm »

Conine2965

Re: Artesian versus Caldera
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 09:12:32 am »
I had a Caldera lasted 15 years and bought a Marquis but my second choice was an Artesian and if the dealer didn't give me a great deal on the Marquis I would have bought the Artesian. Out of those 2 brands I don't think you can go wrong.

castletonia

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 01:09:35 pm »
Both are well respected brands.  It took me awhile to find the Waikiki Elite as it was not on Artesian's website.  It appears to be under the Tropic Seas brand which I do not know where in Artesian's lineup that falls. 

I sell Caldera.  The Salina is part of their Paradise series, which is Caldera's middle lineup.  Caldera has been great for me to deal with from a dealer's standpoint.  I like the Salina a lot.  It is comfortable, roomy, and I think a lot of power and good therapy.  It has the 5 year warranty and many features are standard like circulation pump, LED lights, full insulation. 

What prices are you being given for each and how are your local dealers?  Have you had the opportunity to sit in either dry or wet test? 

laiva

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 07:10:58 am »
I'm looking at 7400 for the Artesian and 10,600 for the Caldera. We have dry tested both and prefer the Artesian's arrangement for our needs and obviously the price (it's an inventory closeout). We're also getting full foam and the "footblaster". I liked the Caldera too, as well as their warranty and what I've found online about them, but 3k difference is tough to ignore. The dealers seem roughly comparable with generally positive comments. I do want to get a wet test scheduled, but really wanted to see if we were chasing an albatross with the Artesian. That big a difference just seemed too good to be true!

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 11:32:57 am »
Wet test.

Wet test.

Wet test.

You cannot put a price on comfort.  Wet test, then the dealer, then start to pare it down if the answer is not obvious.

castletonia

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 01:49:31 pm »
Like The Wizard Of Spas suggested, wet test.  I have no idea if that price is good or not on the Artesian.  I personally think the price on the Salina can be improved upon.  Not $7400 improved upon, but you should be able to get another $500 - $1000 off.  Do keep in mind that the Caldera does have the 5 year warranty where Artesian had 3 years, so that will factor into the cost a bit.

Bettymae

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 04:12:23 pm »
Where are you located? That is way to high for that model caldera. I paid less than that for a caldera Niagara, with stereo,stairs and cover lift

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 01:41:48 pm »
I'm looking at 7400 for the Artesian and 10,600 for the Caldera. We have dry tested both and prefer the Artesian's arrangement for our needs and obviously the price (it's an inventory closeout). We're also getting full foam and the "footblaster". I liked the Caldera too, as well as their warranty and what I've found online about them, but 3k difference is tough to ignore. The dealers seem roughly comparable with generally positive comments. I do want to get a wet test scheduled, but really wanted to see if we were chasing an albatross with the Artesian. That big a difference just seemed too good to be true!

all comes down to a wet test...would 2k be easily ignored if you don't like the seating/jets/etc. in the cheaper option? Hot Tubs are a long term investment, in some cases people will own a single tub for 12-15 years so always buy what you really like up front otherwise you'll be disappointed

laiva

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2017, 12:18:14 pm »
We do have wet tests scheduled for this weekend, so that will hopefully tell the tale. I definitely see the long-term outlook needed for this, but I can still hope the right one wins the wet test. ;-)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2017, 12:18:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42