What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs ACE Cell Alternative  (Read 734 times)

gizmodo

Re: Hot Springs ACE Cell Alternative
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2017, 06:35:06 PM »
I will say that when the system is working it is awesome.  I would check the chemicals every few days and rarely had to add anything and not smelling chlorine when in the tub or after was really nice.  I just wish the system was more reliable.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2017, 06:35:06 PM »

d00nut

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2017, 09:27:39 PM »
I will say that when the system is working it is awesome.  I would check the chemicals every few days and rarely had to add anything and not smelling chlorine when in the tub or after was really nice.  I just wish the system was more reliable.

Or less expensive.  If you replace the cell once a year and it's inexpensive, that would be okay too ;)

I would go back to the dealer and ask if they could prorate it.  Again, that's what I do.  Then I ask for some kind of assistance from the manufacturer.  Everyone is happy then.

If the cell is $900, and it is suppose to last 3 years, but last a year and a half.  I believe $450 is appropriate.  Sounds fair?  Let's make a deal!  Not with me... the dealer you bought it from

danthespaman316

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2017, 01:11:41 AM »
Had a customer call up a while back looking for a replacement for her ACE cell that didn't cost $900. As we're not a HS dealer, I did some research and came upon the Deuce brand replacement online for $300. Got her the info to order and asked that she keep me posted on it's effectiveness. Install was apparently a direct swap and after 2 months she says she's not noticed any difference in effectiveness vs the ACE. I can't vouch for it's longevity just yet, but for less than half the price of OEM it might be worth a shot for anyone needing a cell replacement.

gizmodo

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2017, 08:48:49 AM »
That is one of the brands I originally posted about.  I emailed the company and asked about the cell and according to them it functions in exactly the same was as the ACE cell in that it does more than just create chlorine.  I might have to give one a try.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2017, 08:48:49 AM »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2017, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42