What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog X7 quality  (Read 14299 times)

Afarmwife

Bullfrog X7 quality
« on: August 25, 2017, 09:18:09 pm »
My husband put a deposit down on a Bullfrog X7 today. I feel that it was a high pressure sale and he's desperate for pain relief for arthritis. He was quoted 10,000 CDN for the spa, lid and lift kit, chemicals and stairs. He hasn't done much research but I've been doing some comparison and have notice that the Bullfrog seems to be an "entry level" spa. I worry that he has over paid for something in his excitement and lack of research. The dealer he put the deposit down with also sells Marquis brand. I have taken a look at them and I do like the Promise which was quoted at $9500 CDN. Can someone steer me in the right direction regarding these two spas so I can check them out before my husband makes a huge mistake?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 10:03:49 pm by Afarmwife »

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog X7 quality
« on: August 25, 2017, 09:18:09 pm »

Thisismyname

Re: Bullfrog X7 quality
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 09:22:31 am »
Bullfrog is definitely not an entry level brand....but...the X series is their low end tub.  I am about to get an A8 which is their top of the line tub for 10k USD but seems that it goes for much more in some regions.

I think you can get an X7 below $7k USD based on what Ive seen here

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 10:32:28 am »
That seems good Afarmwife.  X Series is certainly a great hot tub, not the luxury models, but quality-wise, fantastic.  I'd recommend getting the circ pump.

Price is fair (good dealer I hope?)  The Canadian dollar is pretty weak against the US.  That price puts it close to what I am.  I normally sell the X7 for $7500-$8500 (depending what they choose as options.)

Thisismyname has a great price in the A8, but the dealer they are dealing with don't mind losing money, so unless you got one of those around, $10k ($12k CAN) is completely absurd for an A8.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 10:50:27 am »
That seems good Afarmwife.  X Series is certainly a great hot tub, not the luxury models, but quality-wise, fantastic.  I'd recommend getting the circ pump.

Price is fair (good dealer I hope?)  The Canadian dollar is pretty weak against the US.  That price puts it close to what I am.  I normally sell the X7 for $7500-$8500 (depending what they choose as options.)

Thisismyname has a great price in the A8, but the dealer they are dealing with don't mind losing money, so unless you got one of those around, $10k ($12k CAN) is completely absurd for an A8.

now that doonut has confirmed the price is legit, you should still go to the store and review both brands. The dealer won't really care which brand you get and you'll have peace of mind that you've done your due diligence.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

bradleyabell

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 12:52:24 pm »
My husband put a deposit down on a Bullfrog X7 today. I feel that it was a high pressure sale and he's desperate for pain relief for arthritis. He was quoted 10,000 CDN for the spa, lid and lift kit, chemicals and stairs. He hasn't done much research but I've been doing some comparison and have notice that the Bullfrog seems to be an "entry level" spa. I worry that he has over paid for something in his excitement and lack of research. The dealer he put the deposit down with also sells Marquis brand. I have taken a look at them and I do like the Promise which was quoted at $9500 CDN. Can someone steer me in the right direction regarding these two spas so I can check them out before my husband makes a huge mistake?

I just put an order in for the X8 last week for $6800 USD FYI.  Same stuff included that is mentioned.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 12:59:03 pm »

I think you could of done better.
Retired

MarKee

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 05:12:57 pm »
That's a pretty good price on the Marquis Promise.  The Marquis you're looking at is in the top series of Marquis with longest warranty, best construction, etc, whereas the X series is more of the entry level Bullfrog.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 09:28:02 pm »
There is a lot more value to me in a signature marquis then a x series bullfrog when you consider the Marquis is $500 less. I would try them both before making a decision

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2017, 10:38:50 pm »
  Thoughts are.    A bullfrog X series is built on the same line as the A and R series. Same shell and backing with a polymer frame full foam spa.  Same Balboa control Pack and a different controller and one less filter with a 3 year warranty and no jet packs and bells+ whistles.  Yet is a lesser price then a R or A series.

How much different is the Promise signature series from the next step up in the marquis line?    It's probably built on the same line, probably uses the same equipment as the upper end version, if Balboa probably the same as the X series or R series controller. Full foam or not I have no idea.

Long story short, a inexpensive or lower end spa from a quality mnfg doesn't always mean a cheaper construction wise spa or a really lesser end spa.   It probably has less bells and whistles with less or more add on options and a lower price.   Now don't take that verbatim or twist it like the media does these days with some people.   But you industry people should understand what I am saying..

meriflower

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2017, 03:04:20 am »
There is a lot more value to me in a signature marquis then a x series bullfrog when you consider the Marquis is $500 less. I would try them both before making a decision

Agree!  I'm an owner and currently own a Marquis Spirit.  Before that I owned a Bullfrog R6L.  Both are reputable brands.  The Bullfrog X series is Bullfrogs entry level.  Then their R series and top of the line A series.  The R and A series have jetpaks and better warranty than X series.  The Marquis Promise is part of Marquis top line, Signature series.  IMO you would be getting a better spa and warranty with the Marquis Promise over the BF X.  If you haven't already, ask them to open the front panel on both spas so you can see the inside equipment bay.  Have them show you the operation of both control panels. What options come standard between the two?  Also very important to wet test before purchasing.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2017, 07:36:20 am »
There's a lot of people who think the Marquis signature series is better than the top of the line BF A series. So comparing marquis it to the BF value line is way off.
Retired

Thisismyname

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2017, 09:06:30 am »
I wet tested a marquis Epic and didn't like anything about it....and we loved the bullfrog during 3 wet tests!

So no matter what other day and technical specs say you need to test them out to know what you want

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2017, 10:33:02 am »
I wet tested a marquis Epic and didn't like anything about it....and we loved the bullfrog during 3 wet tests!

So no matter what other day and technical specs say you need to test them out to know what you want

That's why we preach what we preach here instead of a sales pitch. Most of us anyway.
Retired

meriflower

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2017, 11:40:20 am »

That's why we preach what we preach here instead of a sales pitch. Most of us anyway.

Exactly!  Everyone has their own opinion and only you can say what's best for you.  When you wet test, no matter the brand of spa, make sure you have the sales person show you how to operate the spa so you won't get confused.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2017, 02:22:38 pm »
  Thoughts are.    A bullfrog X series is built on the same line as the A and R series. Same shell and backing with a polymer frame full foam spa.  Same Balboa control Pack and a different controller and one less filter with a 3 year warranty and no jet packs and bells+ whistles.  Yet is a lesser price then a R or A series.

How much different is the Promise signature series from the next step up in the marquis line?    It's probably built on the same line, probably uses the same equipment as the upper end version, if Balboa probably the same as the X series or R series controller. Full foam or not I have no idea.

Long story short, a inexpensive or lower end spa from a quality mnfg doesn't always mean a cheaper construction wise spa or a really lesser end spa.   It probably has less bells and whistles with less or more add on options and a lower price.   Now don't take that verbatim or twist it like the media does these days with some people.   But you industry people should understand what I am saying..

This...'under the hood' that X Series will be built as good or better than the most expensive Marquis Spa on the market (not a knock against them, just simply truth)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2017, 02:22:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42