What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog jetpacks rusty  (Read 5385 times)

bwspa

Bullfrog jetpacks rusty
« on: August 05, 2017, 07:21:19 pm »
I stopped by the local store to continue my search and noticed the A8 had jetpacks where the chrome around the Jets were rusting. This was the first time I've seen rusty trim around Jets on any hot tub, but was really surprised since it was on Bullfrogs high end.  They've only been a BF dealer for about 2 years so that's even more surprising.  Anyone ran into this before? It wasn't just one either. Multiple Jets on several jetpacks from what was visible on The demo tub.

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog jetpacks rusty
« on: August 05, 2017, 07:21:19 pm »

d00nut

Re: Bullfrog jetpacks rusty
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 07:33:59 pm »
Do they have a chlorine floater in there?  When I see rusted jets... for any spa... it's because they are over chlorinating it.  Doubt it has to do with the quality of the spa, more of the quality of the person who is supposed to be taking care of it.

bwspa

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 07:42:56 pm »
No floaters were in the tub.  Didn't have a strong chlorine smell, but the damage could have been done previously I imagine.  Always possible a bad plating job on those jets.

Still you'd think they'd replace them since that's a major turn off.  The impression is Bullfrog can rust while the Jacuzzi and Sundance spas don't. Not going to help sales.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 08:44:42 pm »
 Um yeah, my guess is it's a bad run of Stainless or chem issue.  If it's the shinny chrome not brushed they are older, that being said for a showroom that's a bad appearance..   And yes I have seen Jacuzzi and Sundance and a few other brands have issues rust wise over the years.  Pretty rare IMO but it happens.    It's why Jacuzzi and Sundance got rid of their stainless waterfall cover caps.   

meriflower

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 08:50:34 pm »
I haven't ran into rust but the dealer in my area for Artesian doesn't maintain their spas at all.  Their filled spas are dirty inside and out - full of calcium deposits/chunks and dead bugs.   :P 
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 08:39:44 pm by meriflower »

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 02:12:38 pm »
I haven't ran into rust but the dealer in my area for Artesian doesn't maintain their spas at all.  They're filled spas are dirty inside and out - full of calcium deposits/chunks and dead bugs.   :P

Is the local Artesian dealer the Family Rec store?

meriflower

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 07:07:59 pm »
I haven't ran into rust but the dealer in my area for Artesian doesn't maintain their spas at all.  They're filled spas are dirty inside and out - full of calcium deposits/chunks and dead bugs.   :P

Is the local Artesian dealer the Family Rec store?

Yes one of those big box rec stores where they sell pools, spas, patio stuff, and home entertainment. 

TEA POT

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 05:35:00 pm »
I saw rust around the edges of the speakers in a BF A8 during a WET TEST btw....  :o

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2017, 09:15:02 pm »
I saw rust around the edges of the speakers in a BF A8 during a WET TEST btw....  :o

someone needs to learn water-care...trust me on this, improper water-care can RUIN a brand new spa very very quickly...worst I've seen was about 4 years back, customer bought a Hot Spring Aria from me (about a 12-13k spa at the time) well he called in with some water issues so I went out to his house and I'm not kidding his pH was so low it was pretty much like he had filled his spa with orange juice, long story short in just 4-6 months time every single metal piece in the spa was completely rusted out, screws for the pillow brackets (heads of the screws were completely disintegrated, could even get a screw driver in the heads to remove them), heater element, jet faces, etc. I couldn't believe my eyes that someone could lack such care in such an expensive item after being educated on water-care which we did with every single customer of course.

TEA POT

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2017, 07:16:29 am »
Tub full of OJ.....

All they needed to do to fix this was pour a few gallons of  VODKA in and invite the nearest college over  :P

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2017, 07:16:29 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42