What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Alergic to Shock - SeaKlear (Potas.Perox.)  (Read 2323 times)

tlippy

Alergic to Shock - SeaKlear (Potas.Perox.)
« on: August 13, 2017, 08:19:09 pm »
Have used the hot tub - 250 gal Nordic - since March 2017.  No problems for 3 months.  Started - in July getting a bit of a rash on my back and lower sides.  Every hair follicle got inflamed and had a white puss ring.  Right after I got sucked into using AHH-Some.  Don't know if that exacerbated the rash or not.    It'd last a couple of days then diminish.  Started lasting longer and more severe.  Went to the dealer and discussed a solution.  Both of us thought it might be caused by chlorine.  We tried Nature2 + Shock.  WOW!  The rash really got bad.  Started online research and many articles suggested a lot of people are allergic to Shock.  Drained and cleaned the hot tub.  Added chlorine granules only.  2 days - no rash.  Added PH and Alk.- no rash.  Used the tub today for 45 minutes-no rash.  JFYI in case anyone might get similar symptoms.

Hot Tub Forum

Alergic to Shock - SeaKlear (Potas.Perox.)
« on: August 13, 2017, 08:19:09 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Alergic to Shock - SeaKlear (Potas.Perox.)
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 07:08:28 am »
Have used the hot tub - 250 gal Nordic - since March 2017.  No problems for 3 months.  Started - in July getting a bit of a rash on my back and lower sides.  Every hair follicle got inflamed and had a white puss ring.  Right after I got sucked into using AHH-Some.  Don't know if that exacerbated the rash or not.    It'd last a couple of days then diminish.  Started lasting longer and more severe.  Went to the dealer and discussed a solution.  Both of us thought it might be caused by chlorine.  We tried Nature2 + Shock.  WOW!  The rash really got bad.  Started online research and many articles suggested a lot of people are allergic to Shock.  Drained and cleaned the hot tub.  Added chlorine granules only.  2 days - no rash.  Added PH and Alk.- no rash.  Used the tub today for 45 minutes-no rash.  JFYI in case anyone might get similar symptoms.

Very common for MPS (peroxymonopersulphate) to cause rashes.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Alergic to Shock - SeaKlear (Potas.Perox.)
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 07:08:28 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42