What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: pricing and comparison of Caldera Geneva and Marquis Epic  (Read 7501 times)

KimRDH1

pricing and comparison of Caldera Geneva and Marquis Epic
« on: August 11, 2017, 03:12:15 pm »
Trying to determine which is better of the two?  New buyer, can't find pricing info for comparisons out there.  Wet tested both, jets on Marquis seem weak in comparison but price on Marquis is much more.  Being quoted out the door on epic 13800 and 11800 for geneva.  Epic has bluetooth aroma and microbubble thing that I have heard is snakeoil selling.  Seating is better for me in epic but those caldera jets are awesome.  Can someone give imput please.  thanks

Hot Tub Forum

pricing and comparison of Caldera Geneva and Marquis Epic
« on: August 11, 2017, 03:12:15 pm »

Spayedkitty

Re: pricing and comparison of Caldera Geneva and Marquis Epic
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 03:59:06 pm »
We just ordered the Geneva.  Will be delivered tomorrow.  We did a lot of research and determined it is the one for us.  We did not get the stereo or tv.  We did get extra chemicals, umbrella, steps, hand rail, delivery and set up, cover, lifter.  We paid a little over 10 grand with tax.  It was not a floor/display model.  Another Caldera dealer wanted almost 16 grand for the same, 75 miles away.  We were also told that Caldera is doing a rebate or interest free financing right now.  It pays to check around.  We like our dealer, so far.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 04:39:43 pm »
Caldera makes a good tub, no worries as far as brand quality and the availability of parts after warranty, verify the dealer is competent of course, even better for you if it's cheaper, just make sure you aren't including the price of the MicroSilk when comparing because that is an overpriced option with no science or proof behind any of it so skip it.

meriflower

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 05:27:19 pm »
I would recommend and have a Marquis.  Have not owned a Caldera so can't comment.  I had a Bullfrog (and would recommend you try that brand too) and recently sold it because of the MicroSilk option.  I have eczema and the MicroSilk helps it. It actually helps it quite a bit and I am very grateful for it.  Not saying that it does it for everyone just that it works for me.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 05:31:49 pm »
Trying to determine which is better of the two?  New buyer, can't find pricing info for comparisons out there.  Wet tested both, jets on Marquis seem weak in comparison but price on Marquis is much more.  Being quoted out the door on epic 13800 and 11800 for geneva.  Epic has bluetooth aroma and microbubble thing that I have heard is snakeoil selling.  Seating is better for me in epic but those caldera jets are awesome.  Can someone give imput please.  thanks

Aroma therapy is still being offered out there? Its not that its bad or even snake oil (unless they're making it sound like its an important thing to have), its more that its just pretty meaningless so skip it and save the $$ IMO.

Both are very good tubs made by very reputable manufacturers so you really can't go wrong with either. We always say much of your choice should be based on the wet test but you seem to be torn between better jet feel + lower price with one spa vs better seating in the other. Assuming both dealers are the type you think will treat you well after the sale, I suggest you mull it over this weekend and then go with your gut as to which you think will be the better choice for you over the next 10+ years.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Thisismyname

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 05:32:13 pm »
We wet tested an epic and had nothing good to say about it.

Just didn't like it....but obviously others do

bwspa

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 05:57:21 pm »
I loved the geyser jets on the Epic, and the seats were comfortable.  I was quoted $10,400 +tax without audio, aromatherapy or microailk but with the usual delivery, lifter steps and chemicals.  Wished the HK40 jets would be on at the same time as the rest in the seat rather than one at a time.  That's probably my biggest fault of the tub, otherwise it's great.

However, I decided on an Artesian Grand Bahama Elite.  I really liked the direct flow seats and the foot blaster was awesome.  Got that for $10,300 with tax and 60 month 0%. Just ordered this week.

bud16415

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 06:43:42 pm »
We have had our Geneva for a couple years now and still love the tub. It is a great therapeutic tub and also works great as a social tub. I wanted something smaller and she insisted on the Geneva and the extra room is really worth it.

Both are great tubs as many have said try them both and one will let you know it is the one. 

castletonia

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 09:02:57 pm »
I think good price on both.  I sold Marquis up until earlier this year and now sell Hot Spring & Caldera.  Epic is a nice spa and so is the Geneva.  I prefer the Geneva only because I would float in the adirondack chair of the Epic.  I sold Epic's at the price you were quoted without the stereo, so I think your doing good there. 

I'm not going to say Microsilk is "snake oil".  I personally liked it and would purchase it for my wife as it helped with her skin. 

As others said, both good spas and both are good prices.  If a wet test cannot decide for you, then choose whichever dealer is more reputable.

MarKee

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2017, 02:17:21 am »
MicroSilk is not snake oil.  I have seen 100s of spas sell with MicroSilk and have yet to have had anyone say "I wish I wouldn't have got that expensive MicroSilk option".  In my opinion it's a revolutionary thing for the spa industry that you will see more spa companies trying to get on board with.  I have soaked in MicroSilk twice and I am a believer.  I will be ordering it on my spa when I get a new one.

If you take off sound and MicroSilk, you will be at the same price as the Geneva.  Not exactly comparing apples to apples.

Unfortunately, a lot of salespeople don't know how to properly demonstrate the Epic.  The HK40 jets on the Marquis will most definitely put out a higher volume of water than the Caldera, but they are designed to feel softer and less irritating to the skin. The 2 stacked geyser jets on the Epic are my favorite and I sit in front of them, even though it's not a seat. They provide the best pummeling massage I have felt in any spa, again most salespeople don't point this out.

Personally I think Marquis is a notch above in fit-and-finish.  Marquis made in America by employee-owners vs Caldera made in Mexico.

Good luck in your search.

Conine2965

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 09:26:02 am »
My first tub was a Caldera Tahitian and My new tub is a Marquis vector 94L. First tub lasted 15 years so no complaints. I wet tested Geneva while shopping this time and found the Marquis had better therapy in more seats plus the different seat depths were a big plus. With the price being 4k less was a huge bonus.

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2017, 12:53:49 pm »
I love MicroSilk in concept.  I have felt it and tried it out and even sold it.  The only problem is:  There is no tangible evidence to the data they present.  I've sold Artesian Spas and nobody there could give me data to back up all the sales points.  MicroSilk is in Marquis too and I'd be interested if there is actual data to verify all the sales-points they push.  I couldn't get hard info out of the manufacturer of MicroSilk either.

That is my only issue with it.  If *FEELS* great for sure.  Just dont know if the claims are true...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2017, 12:53:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42