What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Put subwoofer inside hot tub?  (Read 3409 times)

hanexs

Put subwoofer inside hot tub?
« on: May 07, 2017, 03:49:48 pm »
Hi all,

I am playing with my audio setup, and I have an extra subwoofer kicking around the house.  I am considering placing the subwoofer actually inside the hottub shell (maybe suspending it in the air above one of the pumps in the control area).   I am wondering if anyone has tried this, or if it is common in purchased audio setups.  My theory is that I might be able to feel the bass through the water?   Its a 12 inch paradigm sub so I imagines its quality enough.  Just wondering if this kind of setup is more of a gimmick.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 03:53:03 pm by hanexs »

Hot Tub Forum

Put subwoofer inside hot tub?
« on: May 07, 2017, 03:49:48 pm »

Beck0101

Re: Put subwoofer inside hot tub?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 08:13:47 am »
You may hear it through the water but I don't think you'd feel it.  Sound doesn't travel through water like it does air.  Imagine swimming in the lake when a boat starts up near by.  You can certainly hear it but you don't "feel it".

It would be interesting to hear how this goes but I'm betting you will not get much more than a rattling tub surround from the experience...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 04:26:56 pm »
Hi all,

I am playing with my audio setup, and I have an extra subwoofer kicking around the house.  I am considering placing the subwoofer actually inside the hottub shell (maybe suspending it in the air above one of the pumps in the control area).   I am wondering if anyone has tried this, or if it is common in purchased audio setups.  My theory is that I might be able to feel the bass through the water?   Its a 12 inch paradigm sub so I imagines its quality enough.  Just wondering if this kind of setup is more of a gimmick.

If you try it, let us know how it goes.  While I have no experience and no expertise, I might worry about PVC joints working loose and leaking. Every heard a  Honda civic going down the road sounding like every rivit and bolt is loose?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Eyesell

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 07:15:12 pm »
I know this is an older thread but I just created a new one as I was thinking about doing the same thing.

Can you update and let me know.  My neighbors have one in their spa and it sounds great.  It came with the spa but I can't imagine why one can't be added.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 07:15:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42