What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera cantabria, HS Envoy/Grandee, D1 Chairman, BullFrog A8L or.... advice???  (Read 21800 times)

meriflower

That price for an A8 is just stupid.  I'm not sure how he could stay in business selling for that.  There's got to be a catch?

Perhaps because there are two BF dealers in his area.

Hot Tub Forum

Thisismyname

Well we tested the Bullfrog A8 without the lounger and we may have found a winner.  Way different than the a8L due to the foot massage dome on the floor.

BullFrogSpasMN

Well we tested the Bullfrog A8 without the lounger and we may have found a winner.  Way different than the a8L due to the foot massage dome on the floor.

Congrats! the dome is awesome, In the A8/R8 I like to sit on the cool down seat and just "hover" my legs above the dome so my feet get blasted, also since it's a big tub it gives you plenty of anchor points for people who experience floating

JoeCappi

Congrats! the dome is awesome, In the A8/R8 I like to sit on the cool down seat and just "hover" my legs above the dome so my feet get blasted, also since it's a big tub it gives you plenty of anchor points for people who experience floating

What price did you get on the A8? I wet tested it yesterday & got quoted an astronomical price I think, $16,895. Its going to lose a sale for me. He is already texting me since I walked.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
 Try an R8 same spa for the most part, less a jet pack & bells/whistles.

JoeCappi

I was open to that, his price on that was $14,395 - I still think its too much for that tub. And I like bells & whistles. lol

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Yeah 14 is about 2+ grand over, depending where you buy.

JoeCappi

Based on my research thats what I gathered. I was hoping to get an A8 for 12.5 based on some of the prices Ive seen on here. But for that price Im gonna end up in a Optima I think. The dealer has been emailing me all day. lol

Thisismyname

Been waiting to put in the order for our BF A8...waiting for a sale around labor day.

Talked to a D1 rep today about a Nautilus and it got me thinking. 

Anyone have a good read on a Nautilus vs an A8....or D1 vs bullfrog I guess. 

Conine2965

A8L made my short list but dealer in upstate N.Y. wanted 15.5 made it a non starter ended up in a Marquis Vector 94L for 7500 couldn't be happier.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Been waiting to put in the order for our BF A8...waiting for a sale around labor day.

Talked to a D1 rep today about a Nautilus and it got me thinking. 

Anyone have a good read on a Nautilus vs an A8....or D1 vs bullfrog I guess.

The D1 Nautilis, my personal favorite hot tub for many years. Great comfortable seating, open design, powerful jets, quiet. Reputation for quality, longevity and energy efficiency. Great fit and finish.

They are higher up my top ten list than BF. But that means nothing to you. I worked with a D1 dealer for years. Solid tubs. But they changed ownership. Not sure if that changed anything or not.
Retired

Thisismyname

Well I can get the A8 for $9.3k and the Nautilus first quote was $11.5k all in without any negotiation.

If that is his best price I'm not sure it's worth the extra 2k.  The only D1 we wet tested was an Amore Bay and didn't love it...was middle of the pack.

meriflower

Sounds like you're having second thoughts?  I know you really loved the Cantabria but not the price.  Perhaps wait and see if your Caldera dealer will have a sale.

I have never owned a Caldera or D1 but I did recently own a Bullfrog R6L.  I would recommend, no complaints.  Maybe as an FYI.  One thing now that I'm back to a spa without jetpaks I will not miss having to take out the jetpaks and clean the back manifold area every time I changed out the water.   I only had 3 in mine an A8 will have more.  It does take additional time/step vs a spa without.

Thisismyname

I am now limited on size so the Cantabria is out of the picture, just too big to fit where I want it. 

Not sure if it's second thought or just want to make sure I have all the info I need before making the decision. 

Still 95% leaning towards the A8, but may give the Nautilus a shot.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
I am now limited on size so the Cantabria is out of the picture, just too big to fit where I want it. 

Not sure if it's second thought or just want to make sure I have all the info I need before making the decision. 

Still 95% leaning towards the A8, but may give the Nautilus a shot.

One thing is for certain, you are doing your homework and will get whats right for YOU.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42