What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera cantabria, HS Envoy/Grandee, D1 Chairman, BullFrog A8L or.... advice???  (Read 21940 times)

BullFrogSpasMN

Are there any Marquis or Artesian dealers near you I found those to have nice options in the 7 or 8 ft size without breaking the bank. I looked at tubs you are looking at and ended up with the Marquis Vector 21 94L for 8k after tax. Couldn't be happier with it at this time.

Forgot about the Marquis dealer....gonna test them out tomorrow.  Sounds like the Vector line is similar to a Bullfrog....we shall see

Thanks!

Vector compares very well to the X-Series, same/similar warranty, similar jet counts, 3-4 varieties of jets, same price points.  It's good to see you are wet testing multiple models to narrow it down

Hot Tub Forum

Conine2965

My friend has an R8 I went in his and liked it but bullfrog dealer by me wanted 13500 for one so it was a non starter . I found the therapy very close so with the price difference between the 2 the Marquis was a better choice.

Thisismyname

Went today to test a marquis Epic and went back to Hot Springs to test the envoy. Ended up retesting the Grandee because we did not like the lounger in the envoy it was too big. The Epic was very poor in our opinion there was no redeeming qualities that we could find from the Jets to the seats it just didn't do anything for us.

I think we are torn between a grandee or a cantabria but we are not getting much cooperation on price. We are being folded in the 15,000 range for both which seems to be very high. Not sure there is a value of 15000 versus a $9000 Dimension One chairman or in A8 bullfrog for around 9500

BullFrogSpasMN

Went today to test a marquis Epic and went back to Hot Springs to test the envoy. Ended up retesting the Grandee because we did not like the lounger in the envoy it was too big. The Epic was very poor in our opinion there was no redeeming qualities that we could find from the Jets to the seats it just didn't do anything for us.

I think we are torn between a grandee or a cantabria but we are not getting much cooperation on price. We are being folded in the 15,000 range for both which seems to be very high. Not sure there is a value of 15000 versus a $9000 Dimension One chairman or in A8 bullfrog for around 9500

If you like either Hot Spring model the best I would pick one and shoot them an offer of what you think is fair, worst that can happen is they say no.  From there it's either counter-offer and come together on a price, or move on to another tub...The D1 & Bullfrog are 'giveaway prices' so the Hot Spring models are at a pretty big disadvantage in this specific scenario because based on price and just looking at it on paper they are both going to be considered a much better value imho, of course you still have to wet test and like the seating/jets/lights/etc. of 1 of those models. Good Luck!

Thisismyname

We wet tested all of them.  The Bullfrog is their normal price...the d1 is a floor model they want to get rid of.

Will try the offer route but I don't think they'll budge...ive thrown out a few numbers to both already.

Conine2965

The bullfrog dealer by me wanted 14500 for an A8 I think tyhats a rock bottom price

Thisismyname

He said he can order an a8 brand new for 10.3k delivered with the usual goodies

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
 If your getting a A8 for 10.3 plus tax?  It is a stupid good deal.    The prices people are posting lately for Bullfrogs are crazy these days. 

Thisismyname

It's 10.3k delivered plus a rebate of $800 I think he said.  So 9.5k delivered with cover, lift, etc.

We tested the R7L or R8L and didn't care for the seating. 

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
 So why take the time or post the price on a A8L it's the same spa as a R8L fit wise.    An 800 rebate, an even stupider price.

Thisismyname

Well 9.5k vs 15.5k. Maybe it's not a 6k difference in seating!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
 Pretty much my thoughts.  Sometimes it is about price, though some here would argue that.  Most people in the long term really would be happy in time with what ever they bought.

Sam

That price for an A8 is just stupid.  I'm not sure how he could stay in business selling for that.  There's got to be a catch?

Thisismyname

Talked to 2 dealers about bullfrog in my area...they are both about the same price for an A8.  Not sure why....but I don't think we like it enough.

Current options are a Cantabria for 14k or a Grandee for about 12k without ACE salt.  Both before tax but include cover, lift, steps, breaker, chemicals delivery etc.

Conine2965

Good price on the grandee

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42