What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera cantabria, HS Envoy/Grandee, D1 Chairman, BullFrog A8L or.... advice???  (Read 21817 times)

Sam

Re: Caldera cantabria or Bullfrog A8L
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2017, 03:40:12 pm »
That is a ridiculous price for an A8L.  I wouldn't even sell an A7L for that price to be honest.  If you like that one and feel comfortable with the dealer, I'd say jump on it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2017, 03:40:12 pm »

Momofboys

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2017, 08:06:32 pm »
I sold my 2006ish Caldera Tahitian with our house and in the market for a new tub.

We haven't tested any but so far like the Caldera Cantabria and the bullfrog A8L.

Bring quoted $14,500 for Cantabria and $10k for the bullfrog.  Both are floor models and include the usual cover, lift, delivery etc.

Thoughts on these 2 models and prices?  Anything else out there I should consider or not consider?

I paid like $5500 for my Tahitian so these prices are a bit of a shock to me.

I was quoted a cantabria for under 13.

Thisismyname

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2017, 09:09:07 pm »

I was quoted a cantabria for under 13.

What area are you in?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2017, 09:18:16 pm »
What tub do you like better?

Thisismyname

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2017, 09:36:52 pm »
What tub do you like better?

Like the size a features of the Cantabria....havent tested the bullfrog yet.

I prices were equal for me it would be a no brainer with the cantabria, but once we test the A8L maybe that will give us the answer

d00nut

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2017, 12:58:07 am »
MISTAKE
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 01:03:17 am by d00nut »

d00nut

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2017, 01:03:00 am »
Isnt the A8 just a bigger A7 with an extra jet pack?  How does an A7 have more diverse jets?

It's a floor model A8L with no radio, circ pump or ozone.  He said I can order a new one any color same options for $10,800

The A8 is literally a bigger version of an A7.  However, you don't get to choose an extra jet pak, it gets chosen for you, which is the cascadia fountain jet pak.

I've noticed in my test soaks that the A7 have a greater variety of depths and stationary jetting than the A8.  The A8 IMO is great if you entertain a lot, but if you don't the A7 is better.  Again, that is my opinion.

As everyone has said, ridiculously low price on the Bullfrog.  Makes me question how reliable the dealer is.  Everyone around me that undercut me is now out of business.  However, if you are good with the dealer, I'd be very tempted to go that direction.  The cantabria price is more in line with what you see out there.  It is an awesome huge hot tub that looks amazing to boot.  We are more on that tub unless it's on clearance.

Thisismyname

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2017, 06:11:55 am »
The bullfrog dealer is a pool store ...I think that is their main business.  They build a lot of pools in my area and seem to have a good rep.  Not sure why they are so "cheap" on the tubs...but they said that's the price

d00nut

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2017, 02:08:00 pm »
If you like the spa, and are confident in the dealer, going in... know you are getting an awesome price. 

Thisismyname

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2017, 05:55:59 pm »
Tested a BF today...I think it's an R7L they have set up.  We loved the pressure and the jet options but felt we couldnt sit down anywhere in the tub.  No matter which seat we were in we floated around too much and there is nothing to hold onto or balance against to stay in place.  Really wanted to like bullfrog but I just dont see it working.

Next went to test a D1...they had a amore bay setup.  wanted to test lotus bay and chairman but they were both dry.  Liked the seating a lot in the amore bay but the jets seemed to lack a bit.  They do have a floor model Chairman, i think its a 2015 never used, but the shell is black.  They are trying to push that out the door for 9,500 everything included.  Not sure if that's a great value for 2 year old never used tub without any upgrade in a color we dont really want.

Want to try the Caldera cantabria still but i think it's too big for the space we are thinking about putting it.  Maybe a Geneva?  Had a Tahitian for about 15 years and had quite a few issues with it.

Maybe HS...looking at the Aria or Envoy.

Decisions-

Thisismyname

Re: Caldera cantabria or Bullfrog A8L or other... advice???
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2017, 09:36:17 pm »
Tested HS Grandee and a caldera cantabria today.

These 2 are definitely the front-runners now...

Want to try out a envoy... hopefully it's filled and ready to test later this week.

Grandee has a really good size and layout. We both loved the Moto massage system and this tub was equipped with the salt system.  Water felt really nice, skin felt great after.

Cantabria was awesome too.  Super powerful and large tub. Lots of foot jets on the floor and the dedicated power lounger was really nice. 

Looks like the bullfrog and d1 are out of the picture now.

Thisismyname

Any comments or advice?  We can't make up our minds.

Need to work on firm pricing on all options... Right now I feel they are mostly very high

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Any comments or advice?  We can't make up our minds.

Need to work on firm pricing on all options... Right now I feel they are mostly very high

I'm not sure we know what to comment on because you seem to be handling things fine. You'll see a lot of recommendations centered around wet testing multiple well respected brands/models and that's exactly what you're doing and how you've gotten down to just a few front runners from the longer list you started with. Now its about seeing what kind of deals you can make and maybe that will tell you which to buy in the end because otherwise you'll have to decide which wins the tiebreaker if you're torn.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Conine2965

Are there any Marquis or Artesian dealers near you I found those to have nice options in the 7 or 8 ft size without breaking the bank. I looked at tubs you are looking at and ended up with the Marquis Vector 21 94L for 8k after tax. Couldn't be happier with it at this time.

Thisismyname

Are there any Marquis or Artesian dealers near you I found those to have nice options in the 7 or 8 ft size without breaking the bank. I looked at tubs you are looking at and ended up with the Marquis Vector 21 94L for 8k after tax. Couldn't be happier with it at this time.

Forgot about the Marquis dealer....gonna test them out tomorrow.  Sounds like the Vector line is similar to a Bullfrog....we shall see

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42