What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need help, caldera Niagara .do we like it? If not why  (Read 3091 times)

Bettymae

Need help, caldera Niagara .do we like it? If not why
« on: October 02, 2017, 08:25:50 pm »
I'm new to forum. I used to own a master spa. To many problems and no service..I gave it away, just to get out of my yard.
I have neck and back problems, and I went to a caldera dealer that has great service , and ordered a Niagara. I've been reading a lot of comments, and I hope I made right decision. I couldn't wet test it. I did wet test Martinique which was great!! Very comfortable, but not that great for neck or back, at least not for me.. I'm worried about depth, and sitting in it dry, it wasn't that comfortable. They told me with water, it would be a lot better. It would be great.
Comments, thoughts.....

Hot Tub Forum

Need help, caldera Niagara .do we like it? If not why
« on: October 02, 2017, 08:25:50 pm »

silversun

Re: Need help, caldera Niagara .do we like it? If not why
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 10:05:11 pm »
I know everyone here stresses wet tests, but on this one I'd say go with your gut. 
I wet tested the Niagra twice, and I really wanted to like it. Two seats were great, but the two seats with neck massage didnt feel right. One was WAY too short, and the contoured neck pillow was hitting mid-upper back. (I'm 6'). I would probably check out the Salina if you like Caldera. it's much more open and less confining if you dont fit the seats just right - and cheaper.

some people truly love the caldera though - many people told me it was an extremely comfortable spa. So i'm guessing it largely depends on your height and your preference.

Bettymae

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 10:26:53 pm »
I'm 5'5 and I fit ok in shorter captains seat. One seat you can not put head back(not captains), and the other seat, which isn' captain was perfect. I thought maybe 2 out of four wouldn't be bad.. Didn't want to go with lounger, because I would float out of.. It's just a lot of money, I'm really nervous..

bradleyabell

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 07:49:38 am »
I'm 5'5 and I fit ok in shorter captains seat. One seat you can not put head back(not captains), and the other seat, which isn' captain was perfect. I thought maybe 2 out of four wouldn't be bad.. Didn't want to go with lounger, because I would float out of.. It's just a lot of money, I'm really nervous..

Well nothing to be nervous about as it sounds like you've already made your decision by placing the order!  I would ask your dealer if you can wet test the Niagara...We went to a Caldera dealer once and they filled up an empty tub and got it all ready just for us to test it!

castletonia

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 01:55:27 pm »
I am 5'8".  If I sit in the seat with the neck collar at the front of the hot tub, I am too tall and have to slouch down to fit.  My wife is 5'5" and she has to barely slouch and then she fits perfect.  The seat with the neck collar in the opposite back corner is perfect for me and doable for my wife (she gets splashed when the jets are on full power).  If it wasn't for that front seat being as shallow with the neck collar, it would be an almost perfect tub, in my opinion.  I am also with the opinion that Caldera makes a very comfortable spa.  FYI, I am also a Caldera dealer.

Bettymae

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 06:03:19 pm »
Ok, thought I would check in. I received my caldera Niagara tub Thursday . I can't stay out of it. It is by far the best tub I've ever been in. I have neck and back problems, and I feel like a whole new person after getting out. No more massage therapists for me.
If your looking for heavy massage, this baby is it  I love all the seats. Someone said on here that neck jets weren't that great, there wrong. You have to adjust, and put power to them. They are very powerful. They have their own lever, to either have a lot of power or to back down to less. Are you going to tell on a wet test? Maybe not.  It took me a couple days in it, to see all that it can do. My dealer promised me I would love it, and I do.
I was worried because I tested it dry, and thought it was uncomfortable . Well, with water in, it's totally different.  I love my caldera !!!😍

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 09:24:34 pm »
Ok, thought I would check in. I received my caldera Niagara tub Thursday . I can't stay out of it. It is by far the best tub I've ever been in. I have neck and back problems, and I feel like a whole new person after getting out. No more massage therapists for me.
If your looking for heavy massage, this baby is it  I love all the seats. Someone said on here that neck jets weren't that great, there wrong. You have to adjust, and put power to them. They are very powerful. They have their own lever, to either have a lot of power or to back down to less. Are you going to tell on a wet test? Maybe not.  It took me a couple days in it, to see all that it can do. My dealer promised me I would love it, and I do.
I was worried because I tested it dry, and thought it was uncomfortable . Well, with water in, it's totally different.  I love my caldera !!!😍

It's not that someone said the neck jets were bad, they were bad for them. Every tub is different and every person is also.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 09:24:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42