What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Chemical Reader  (Read 1856 times)

msr1015

Chemical Reader
« on: July 16, 2017, 11:40:58 am »
Hi Guys,

Just installed our new hot tub last week. We are working on balancing the spa alkalinity and PH.  So far I've added 2 cups Muriatic acid to try and bring the levels down.  I think I'm finally around 180.  Should I add more to try and get it down the range a bit more?  The PH is about 7.8 as well so I'm going to add some PH down.  The water seems a bit cloudy but maybe that will correct itself once the reading are more in line.  Any suggestions anyone has would be greatly appreciated. 

What is everyone using to test the levels in their spa?  The spa test strips you dunk in the water and read or something else?

Thanks guys!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Chemical Reader
« on: July 16, 2017, 11:40:58 am »

Conine2965

Re: Chemical Reader
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 06:06:40 pm »
I use the test strips but if I get stuck I go to my local pool store the will test for free in the hopes that you will buy chemicals from them.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 06:22:50 pm »
Hi Guys,

Just installed our new hot tub last week. We are working on balancing the spa alkalinity and PH.  So far I've added 2 cups Muriatic acid to try and bring the levels down.  I think I'm finally around 180.  Should I add more to try and get it down the range a bit more?  The PH is about 7.8 as well so I'm going to add some PH down.  The water seems a bit cloudy but maybe that will correct itself once the reading are more in line.  Any suggestions anyone has would be greatly appreciated. 

What is everyone using to test the levels in their spa?  The spa test strips you dunk in the water and read or something else?

Thanks guys!!!

Get a re-agent test kit and learn how to use it. You will be much happier with your skill level and more confident. I would wait a while and add a bit more acid. Buy some dry acid it's easier to work with but more expensive.

When you add muratic acid are you diluting it in a bucket of water you scooped from your tub? Please do.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 06:22:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42