What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Quick help  (Read 1857 times)

Chops1857

Quick help
« on: June 06, 2019, 11:57:15 am »
So I was about to pull the trigger on a 2019 Marquis Hollywood with a lounge for $6,900 (out the door) when I found a new 2017 Hot Spring Vanguard (no lounge) for $8,000. (Not Out the door). The $6,900 was already more than I planned. But I want quality. How much better is the Vanguard? Is it night and day?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 01:38:43 pm by Chops1857 »

Hot Tub Forum

Quick help
« on: June 06, 2019, 11:57:15 am »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Quick help
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 02:07:38 pm »
Not really an apples to apples comparison, the Hollywood is Marquis entry level line where the Vanguard is in the top Highlife Collection.  Is the Vanguard from an authorized Hot Spring dealer? If so inquire about whether Warranty has started on the spa already but ya the Vanguard will have better fit and finish overall, better topside control, better insulation, longer warranty, etc. as far as if you 'value' it more I would recommend a wet test to see if the jets are worth the extra money in your eyes...Good Luck

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 02:21:21 pm »
So I was about to pull the trigger on a 2019 Marquis Hollywood with a lounge for $6,900 (out the door) when I found a new 2017 Hot Spring Vanguard (no lounge) for $8,000. (Not Out the door). The $6,900 was already more than I planned. But I want quality. How much better is the Vanguard? Is it night and day?

If you wet test them both and like them equally you would then factor in the cost difference. If you like the Marquis more you probably have your answer while if you prefer the Vanguard more then its a matter of how much more and what are those extra things you get with the added cost.

You really should wet test, especially is you're considering a lounge spa because MANY people like the look of a lounge spa but decide otherwise after a wet test (testing is important on non-lounge spas as well just not to the same degree). As noted make sure the 2017 warranty is still fully intact. Also make sure the Marquis is a fully insulated model because on some they have partial insulation and its an upgrade to fully insulate it.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 05:17:04 pm »
That model celebrity would be perimeter insulation only or if ordered after June 10th I believe the date is would be foam over plumbing. When you go up to Elite full foam is a option. Think I saw you say somewhere else it’s for a summer house and will be winterized. If so full foam is most likely not needed

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 05:17:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42