What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: how do you drain a caldera hot tub.  (Read 2858 times)

kimba

how do you drain a caldera hot tub.
« on: July 13, 2017, 02:39:15 pm »
I will be getting the cantabria in 4-6 weeks and they said I have to empty a hot tub all the way, my brother says he never changes the water in his pool , the cleaners and chemicals clean it .. Where would the water go do I need to attach a pipe or hose and drain it in my sink..????? please help , I will ask them tomorrow.. Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

how do you drain a caldera hot tub.
« on: July 13, 2017, 02:39:15 pm »

mpkelley20

Re: how do you drain a caldera hot tub.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 03:15:42 pm »
All tubs have a drain hose usually behind a panel on the cabinet.  Easy to do.  or a lot of people will buy a portable sump pump and use that with a garden hose to speed up the process.

kimba

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 03:45:43 pm »
Thanks mp kelly I have to see where that drain is .. thank you kimba

kimba

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 03:52:53 pm »
They told me the cantabria has several drain and use a hose or sump pump ,, thanks Mp you were right on :)

bud16415

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 06:45:21 pm »
Be careful with the drain port. It is plastic and pops out and has a safety cap on it where the hose goes. The plastic spout drains when it is pilled halfway out. It is hard to get the safety cap off sometimes and if you twist hard on it the whole spout wants to turn. I put pliers lightly on the spout to hold it before cranking on the cap or the hose.

I have a hose plumbed right to my sewer line and coiled up ready for draining. Sometimes in the summer I drain it on the lawn but in the winter I don’t want 400 gallons of water froze in the yard. I pay water and sewer together and I asked about a discount for water for the tub and they said no go. So I figure I paid for it they can have it back.

kimba

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 08:13:38 pm »
how much did that cost to put a sewer line in ???, and I will ask about the drain port , thanks

bud16415

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 10:06:04 pm »
It didn’t cost anything as under my deck is the stand pipe clean out pipe. I drilled a hole in the deck for a drain hose and a few PVC fittings later I had a connection point. The only thing I wish I would have thought of it before I built the deck as I had to put it together in about a 24” high space. I haven’t met one other person that had a tub plumbed to a drain.

On the same topic I also have a 12’ length 2” of pool hose. If I want to drain it quick I toss the hose in the tub fill it with water and start a siphon sticking the one end in the tub and the other off the deck. That will drain the tub in 5 minutes.   

meriflower

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2017, 10:19:24 am »
Like others I use a sump pump and hose.  I then use a wet/dry vac for any water that the pump didn't get.  I have never used the spas drain port.  I live in a climate where it gets bitterly cold so I do my water changes around it, late Fall/early Spring.  I now have the Blu Fusion salt system and I do not have to do water changes as often.  After the spa is drained I clean both the inside and outside of the spa as well as the cover and the steps.  It can be a chore but it's necessary.

kimba

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 09:08:33 am »
thanks for the great info meriflower.. :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 09:08:33 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42