What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Water Chemistry Maintenance Question (from a Newbie)  (Read 1750 times)

HotTubLife

Water Chemistry Maintenance Question (from a Newbie)
« on: July 30, 2017, 10:56:57 am »
This is likely a question that's come up before, but if it has, it was some time ago. The spa I have is the HS Envoy (love it!) with the ACE system. The issue is this: I had to be out of town for a few days and forgot to shock the water before I left. Upon return, there were quite a few distractions and issues and I didn't get to taking care of my water chemistry for another couple of days. TL;DR - when I opened the spa, the water was quite cloudy. I set about getting it clear again and back into balance. Just over a week+ later and the water is crystal clear once again, but I cannot, for the life of me get the Total Bromine, Free Chlorine, and pH up to spec! I have dumped a veritable TON of 'Alkalinity Up' and Chlorinating Granules into the filter well and each morning when I come out to check the water chemistry, the TBr and FCl register at 0 and the pH registers at 6.2.  Total Alkalinity is in the acceptable range, but with room to go up, to be sure. Do I just keep doing what I'm doing with the expectation that it will eventually settle in properly? Is there something I'm neglecting? I have the output for the ACE system set at 3 - even though the spa isn't really in use right now (even if the weather were more cooperative, I wouldn't want to get in until I get this water chemistry issue sorted out). Many thanks in advance to any and all with suggestions on how to proceed here. 

Hot Tub Forum

Water Chemistry Maintenance Question (from a Newbie)
« on: July 30, 2017, 10:56:57 am »

SnowHot

Re: Water Chemistry Maintenance Question (from a Newbie)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 11:36:43 am »
Disclaimer: I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as the rest of the folks here, but I had a similar issue after taking a trip a few years ago.
I ended up chasing my chemistry for the remainder of that water use.
If you want to get it back to 100% I think(and I could be wrong) the best thing to do is run jet clean through the system, drain and start over.

Someone smarter than I am will likely share a better idea.

HotTubLife

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 12:28:04 pm »
Oh, wow. I sure *hope* that's not the only fix here. But if push comes to shove ... 

Thanks for weighing in!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 12:28:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42