What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Question for Marquis Experts  (Read 4378 times)

Blue-eyes

Question for Marquis Experts
« on: June 28, 2017, 03:44:22 pm »
We're considering buying a used Marquis that has only been used a few months (i.e., would otherwise be under warranty). Can you please tell me what the most common problems are that require service under warranty and about how much these would cost me if not covered by warranty? Also, what's the worst case scenario? How often have you seen an issue that required extensive repairs or even replacement of the tub? Thank you so much for your insights!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Question for Marquis Experts
« on: June 28, 2017, 03:44:22 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Question for Marquis Experts
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 04:49:16 pm »
I'm not an expert by no means. But I have worked on plenty of Marquis as I had a fill in type relationship for a Marquis dealer that was short a repair guy (I'm an independent). I was pretty much only sent on repairs for him that were out of warranty and most weren't even Marquis tubs as this dealer repaired any brand. But the Marquis tubs I did work on were older out of warranty tubs that needed their first or maybe second repair. I did a couple pumps but they were 10-12 years old (don't have specifics because it has been 7 years since I did any work for that dealer) But most times it was sensors or top sides. Again older (10-12 years) out of warranty tubs.
Retired

Blue-eyes

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 08:13:20 pm »
Thanks Tman122! I guess that's a good sign if the tubs were that old before having issues. :)

MarKee

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 08:16:13 pm »
They are very reliable tubs, it's a small chance that you will have any issues with it.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 10:25:30 pm »
My Epic is a 2008. In that time, I have only had one repair (and I hope this doesn't jinx me) but I'd buy another Marquis in a heartbeat!

I'm not sure about the settings on the newer tubs, but I have run my tub almost exclusively in economy mode! So it has also been economical!

Good luck!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 02:48:02 pm »
I can give a "worst case" scenario because we just helped a customer who went through one less than 3 weeks ago.  It was a Hot Spot 'Rhythm' model, the tub was exactly 2.5 years old (2 year component warranty) and he called us with some issues, ended up being a Pump, Topside control/Motherboard, Temp Sensor, and a few other misc. repairs to the tune of about $1,900 in total.  Is this scenario very common? No not really, and I'm not trying to scare you off but I just wanted to give you a real world example of what can happen right after warranty is up or right after purchasing one where warranty does not transfer.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 06:47:53 pm »
Thanks Tman122! I guess that's a good sign if the tubs were that old before having issues. :)

I hope you understand that I may not be the best person to ask. I generally only work on older out of warranty tubs. And most are off brands. I recommend disposal more than most techs on 8-12 YO off brand tubs. It's just hard to tell a customer to pay me 1000 bucks to fix a tub that only cost 4-5 thousand 8-10 years ago.
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 08:49:21 pm »
I can give a "worst case" scenario because we just helped a customer who went through one less than 3 weeks ago.  It was a Hot Spot 'Rhythm' model, the tub was exactly 2.5 years old (2 year component warranty) and he called us with some issues, ended up being a Pump, Topside control/Motherboard, Temp Sensor, and a few other misc. repairs to the tune of about $1,900 in total.  Is this scenario very common? No not really, and I'm not trying to scare you off but I just wanted to give you a real world example of what can happen right after warranty is up or right after purchasing one where warranty does not transfer.

All those problems?  Sounds like the guy needs a lesson in water chemistry

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 08:49:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42