What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Barely Used Marquis Show  (Read 4651 times)

Blue-eyes

Barely Used Marquis Show
« on: June 27, 2017, 10:05:31 pm »
We previously decided on the Marquis Epic, but hadn't purchased yet because we've still been getting estimates for running electrical, laying patio, etc., and hoped for maybe a better sale for Independence Day. Well, a Show came up for sale used (from an individual), so now we're weighing our options. It appears the Show is a 2016 model. It was just purchased in March of this year from the dealer we like, but the owners decided to install a new pool and integrated hot tub, so they're taking a hit on this "3 month old" spa. We wet tested tonight, and while we still like the Epic more, we could save $3,000, which is significant to us! I know values drop as soon as a hot tub leaves the dealer, but with this one being so new, what kind of discount should we negotiate?
On a separate note, the hot tub is currently sitting on a sloped surface, so some of the valves and the main control panel are under water when there are people in it. Is this likely to cause any problems?

Hot Tub Forum

Barely Used Marquis Show
« on: June 27, 2017, 10:05:31 pm »

MarKee

Re: Barely Used Marquis Show
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 05:44:59 am »
Epic and Show are both great hot tubs.  Only thing I would caution you on is that the warranty does not transfer on hot tubs like it does on cars and some other products, so that may play in to your decision.

Blue-eyes

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 09:36:53 am »
MarKee-Thank you for that information. We read somewhere that the warranty transfers, but just confirmed that it doesn't. That is a big deal to us, so another consideration in how much we'd be willing to pay for the used hot tub. Any feedback on likelihood of problems based on the diverter valves and controls being submerged?

bud16415

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 02:46:37 pm »
The top side of the tub is as water tight as a ducks behind. I don’t think you have any worries with the knobs getting wet or even under water when people are in the tub.

I would have to think a while on the warranty and what that would be worth to me. I wonder if there is a warranty plan you could buy? As it is so new they might offer that.

Blue-eyes

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 03:48:53 pm »
Thanks bud16415! We figured the valves are okay, but I appreciate the confirmation. What about the electronic controls? They're on the inside of the tub, so I know they're made to get wet, but maybe not submerged?
I'll look into other warranty options. That's a good idea. We know it may be a non-issue, but it's tough to give up that peace of mind.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 04:42:09 pm »
Thanks bud16415! We figured the valves are okay, but I appreciate the confirmation. What about the electronic controls? They're on the inside of the tub, so I know they're made to get wet, but maybe not submerged?
I'll look into other warranty options. That's a good idea. We know it may be a non-issue, but it's tough to give up that peace of mind.

I'm not following when you say "under water" do you mean truly under water like it flooded and the water got high enough to partially or completely submerge the tub so that the top side and electronics were under water? Or do you mean they got wet because there was splash over?
Retired

Blue-eyes

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 08:17:41 pm »
The electronic control panel(?) to turn on jets, change temp, etc. is on the low side of the tub, which is currently sitting at an angle. The water level isn't covering the panel while it's sitting empty, but with two people in the tub, the panel was over half covered...not just getting splashed.

bud16415

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 12:14:07 pm »
It would be like me filling my tub and going in the house and forget I was filling the tub to go out and find it spilling over the edges. Not that I ever did that mind you.

I think everything top side should be water tight. Now a flood around the tub like a rain storm and high water getting in the motors and such that would be bad. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 12:14:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42