What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis - Bullfrog - Hot Springs  (Read 3617 times)

FirstSpaBuyer

Marquis - Bullfrog - Hot Springs
« on: September 23, 2017, 02:36:36 am »
So these are my three finalists. The Bullfrog salesman said it pushes out more water per minutes than the others. The Hot Spings salesman said theirs push out 85% water and 15% air and all others are 50/50. Is Bullfrogs jetpacks and less plumbing really a positive thing or just fluff? Can anyone shed some light on these three brands?

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis - Bullfrog - Hot Springs
« on: September 23, 2017, 02:36:36 am »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Marquis - Bullfrog - Hot Springs
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 08:26:58 am »
3 top manufacturers in the industry backed by solid warranties/customer support.  Assuming the dealers selling these lines in your market are all reputable you couldn't really go wrong choosing a model from any of the brands listed. I would find a comparable model from each brand and do some wet testing to see what you like best.. gallons per minute, air/water ratios, horsepower, etc. and other specs 'on paper' don't really mean anything until you jump in and see what feels best to you.

Thisismyname

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 09:18:34 am »
I met with dealers at every major brand.  Each and every one of them claimed they are the strongest, most efficient, most durable, best filtration, blah blah blah.

97.4% of it is a sales pitch.  You need to figure out which one is best for you. 

What size do you need, how many seats....then narrow it down and jump in and test them out.  Dont worry about who says their's pushes more anything

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 10:25:30 am »
Wet Test.

Wet Test.

Wet Test.

WET TEST.

*THEN* research the dealer.  Then you'll likely have your answer.

Conine2965

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 12:04:56 pm »
Wet test is the best way I found the Marquis and the Bullfrog had more power than the hot springs. I ended up with the marquis,V94 because the Bullfrog dealer near me wanted full retail for his tubs and were 4-5k more than the V94.

FirstSpaBuyer

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 11:19:56 am »
so everyone says wet test, I get it
but no one really answered my question, Is the Bullfrog system really better or is it just hype?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 02:05:34 pm »
but no one really answered my question, Is the Bullfrog system really better or is it just hype?

To answer your question, Bullfrog is no different than other top brands despite what a particular salesman might tell you. It'll seem better to some and not better to others which is why everyone says to wet test.

If 3 separate people wet tested the same 3 spas at the same 3 dealers it would bot be surprising to me if all 3 had a different winner. Furthermore, its very common for someone on these sites to say they were ready to buy a certain brand/model only to wet test and decide what looked best didn't feel best.

You don't want to find out in your backyard whether the spa you bought really works best for you. Its a bit more difficult to remedy than returning a pair of pants that you didn't try on that don't fit quite right.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 02:10:13 pm »

There is valid features to the Bullfrog system imo...for example in a Hot Spring Vanguard or Grandee you are forced to "like" the moto-massage, it is located in the 2 "best" corner seats in the spa, can't change it, can't modify it, whereas Bullfrog will give you 15/16 different options for that seat so you the consumer can choose rather than being forced to like what is given, the jet pressure on a Bullfrog or Marquis will overall be "stronger" than a Hot Spring as well.  With that said I will reiterate they are all solid brands, so go in and find some comparable models then wet test and you'll quickly find out what you like best

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 04:30:08 pm »

There is valid features to the Bullfrog system imo...for example in a Hot Spring Vanguard or Grandee you are forced to "like" the moto-massage, it is located in the 2 "best" corner seats in the spa, can't change it, can't modify it, whereas Bullfrog will give you 15/16 different options for that seat so you the consumer can choose rather than being forced to like what is given, the jet pressure on a Bullfrog or Marquis will overall be "stronger" than a Hot Spring as well.  With that said I will reiterate they are all solid brands, so go in and find some comparable models then wet test and you'll quickly find out what you like best

TY BFSM You are now almost graduated.

To the OP all three brands have something that is hype. All three brands are good brands. And like everyone said you need to test if possible because dry spas and hype have nothing to do with how a tub feels to you. Having the most power has nothing to do with which tub feels best to you. What if it's to much power? And remember more power means more power consumption on your meter. Get a feel for the dealers on how receptive they are to let you wet test. Bring a swim suit cause they won't let you test without one. One of our local dealers has towels.

We could all tell you which we like the best (Marquis) but that does you no good.
Retired

Thisismyname

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2017, 08:15:37 pm »
So Marquis was our least favorite out of 6 manufacturers.

Went with a Bullfrog....and previously owned a Caldera.  Once you get into the main spa manufacturers it all comes to personal preference I think.

red2play

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2017, 10:16:16 pm »
What gives you the most power is the power of the motor and how many "holes" its blowing through.  Since you can shut off everything except for exactly what you need, the Bullfrog will of course give you more power but who's going to get into a Hot Tub and shut everything off except one!  I chose the Bullfrog and love it but you should wet test and feel the power for yourself.  Sometimes its too much pressure or its how you sit in the Hot Tub.

Other than the wet test, you ABSOLUTELY should get the best warranty.  That means MORE than anything else except the wet test and the REPUTATION of the local dealer.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2017, 05:54:33 am »
What gives you the most power is the power of the motor and how many "holes" its blowing through.  Since you can shut off everything except for exactly what you need, the Bullfrog will of course give you more power but who's going to get into a Hot Tub and shut everything off except one! 

This is absolutely false.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2017, 05:54:33 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42