What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog A8L  (Read 17632 times)

jailor97

Bullfrog A8L
« on: June 23, 2017, 05:28:28 pm »
Now to get the electrician to hurry up!
More pics to follow  :D

« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 06:55:54 pm by jailor97 »

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog A8L
« on: June 23, 2017, 05:28:28 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Bullfrog A8L
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 09:37:46 pm »
  Looks nice, you a Patriots fan? 

jailor97

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 10:09:19 pm »
  Looks nice, you a Patriots fan? 

Nope!
I live in Colorado Springs, so it is in honor of the Air Force Academy  8)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 10:39:10 pm »

Love it more than you being a patriots fan.    If in, thank you for your service!    Navy 81 to 87.   

jailor97

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 10:47:24 pm »

Love it more than you being a patriots fan.    If in, thank you for your service!    Navy 81 to 87.

I'll let my wife know of your appreciation. She has been in since graduating from the academy in 95.

Sorrentino100

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 02:57:30 am »
Nice tub! Is that an aftermarket cover? It looks like some type of fabric used for the side curtains. I've only ever seen vinyl side flaps.

newb22

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2017, 03:36:59 pm »
I'm jealous that's a nice looking hot tub. How did it work out for you?

jailor97

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 05:11:25 pm »
Nice tub! Is that an aftermarket cover? It looks like some type of fabric used for the side curtains. I've only ever seen vinyl side flaps.

No, it is a cover from Bullfrog. It has their logo on a tab, located on the "front" of the tub.

jailor97

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 05:17:07 pm »
I'm jealous that's a nice looking hot tub. How did it work out for you?

So far, so good.
I wish the dealer would have chatted more with me about placement. When installing on an existing patio, there is a gradual "drop" on the concrete surface to allow for any water drainage (rain, snow, etc.). So, when I fill up the tub, I will never get the water to the 'Full" line on the one side of the tub. I fill it to completely cover the trim ring around the jets, but when we get in, we have spillage over the downside edge.  >:(
Had I known this, I may have considered an alternative placement in the yard. Not a deal-breaker, just an annoyance.

As for the tub performance, pump #2 seems a bit weak when compared to pump #1. I have been told by the dealer it might be the jetpacks that we have selected being "performance overloaded" on one side (i.e. too much water coming out too fast). I haven't really tested this theory out 100% yet by moving the jetpacks around, but as soon as I do, I will let everyone know.

Cricket

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2017, 10:14:09 pm »
Nice tub!  Just wondering have you tried moving the jetpacks around to see if it made a difference?  Curious if that is something you have to be mindful of when selecting your jetpacks, don't pick out all high performance jetpacks as you won't get full power at all the jets.

newb22

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2017, 10:37:39 am »
Images not loading for me. Says you need to upgrade to enable 3rd party hosting.

jailor97

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2017, 11:21:19 pm »
Nice tub!  Just wondering have you tried moving the jetpacks around to see if it made a difference?  Curious if that is something you have to be mindful of when selecting your jetpacks, don't pick out all high performance jetpacks as you won't get full power at all the jets.

We did pick out some of the more powerful packs, so that might be our problem. To work around this, we simply turn down one seat that isn't being used and it really gets things moving!

jailor97

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2017, 11:29:37 pm »
Images not loading for me. Says you need to upgrade to enable 3rd party hosting.

Too many pop up ads on photobucket to even try to solve the issue. sorry!  :(
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 11:36:17 pm by jailor97 »

msr1015

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2017, 01:44:36 pm »
I used Flickr to upload pictures.  Was pretty simple.

Andocrx

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2018, 11:02:40 am »

Great point you guys, my wife and I were in to see a bullfrog A7 we didn't go in the tub but we did stick our hand in to feel the jets and the power was not as strong as we thought it should of been when comparing it to the Sundance Chelsee  so I mentioned it to the sales lady and she said oh it might be because the jet packs might not be open all the way. 

I did stick my arm in and confirmed all jet packs were open all the way by turning the knob and no difference but the point you made about it all having all  performance pack may have been the reason for the lower pressure might be something to consider for sure when picking out the jet packs.  I also made sure to ask if both pumps were running full out and she confirmed they were.    I know it was only a hand test and not full body we are planning on going back and do a proper wet test as we are not ruling this tub out really like what Bullfrog has going when the less plumbing.   

Have a great weekend everyone

Andocrx

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2018, 11:02:40 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42