What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Spirit  (Read 9868 times)

Gale

Marquis Spirit
« on: June 22, 2017, 01:47:34 pm »
Hello everyone :-) I've been researching hot tub for almost a year now and I think I have finally decided on the Marquis Spirit. Would love some input on this tub from anyone who owns one. Like are you still happy with it, would you buy it again? I'd really appreciate anything you could give me.
Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Spirit
« on: June 22, 2017, 01:47:34 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Marquis Spirit
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 06:33:12 pm »
Hello everyone :-) I've been researching hot tub for almost a year now and I think I have finally decided on the Marquis Spirit. Would love some input on this tub from anyone who owns one. Like are you still happy with it, would you buy it again? I'd really appreciate anything you could give me.
Thanks.

What would be best is if you could try it out first. But this is a great tub. I don't own one and have never sat in one either. However I have owned 3-4 used Marquis and they have all been awesome. And I like the company.
Retired

Gale

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 06:45:42 pm »
Thanks Tman, that's encouraging to hear. I'm just terrified of making such a big purchase and praying I don't have any regrets.I did sit in it and love the way it looks and feels, of course I know that looks aren't everything, I'm hoping it is going to give me many good years. So glad I tried it out too because I had originally went there for a Hot Springs Flair, thought surely I would love it cause it looked so beautiful online, lol To my disappointment it was the most uncomfortable lounger I had ever sat in and for the life of me I really don't see how anyone would be comfortable in it, I guess maybe a really really tall person.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 09:14:18 pm »
Thanks Tman, that's encouraging to hear. I'm just terrified of making such a big purchase and praying I don't have any regrets.I did sit in it and love the way it looks and feels, of course I know that looks aren't everything, I'm hoping it is going to give me many good years. So glad I tried it out too because I had originally went there for a Hot Springs Flair, thought surely I would love it cause it looked so beautiful online, lol To my disappointment it was the most uncomfortable lounger I had ever sat in and for the life of me I really don't see how anyone would be comfortable in it, I guess maybe a really really tall person.

Everyone should wet test but for anyone considering a spa with a lounge its really almost a MUST because lounges are just such a crap shoot no matter your height, weight...
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Sam

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 01:25:43 pm »
Marquis is a great company that makes really good quality hot tubs that are efficient and have good therapeutic jets.  If you like the spa, you should go for it.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 02:18:52 pm »
I'm definetely biased as I sell Marquis as well as a couple of other brands.  But I do own the resort model and love it.  I use it almost nightly and find it very relaxing and theraputic

bud16415

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 02:35:50 pm »
The thing about therapeutic tubs is they have very powerful jets and the seating if done right feels bad sitting in an empty tub. You have to wet test. Our tub when it is dry and I’m sitting in it cleaning it all the good seats feel like they are too deep and poorly angled. Without that design you will be blown out of the seat under power.

Sitting in them dry will give you an idea of space in the tub for you and others and that’s about it. get in the water and try them. 

MarKee

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2017, 12:38:13 am »
Biased opinion as well, because I've sold them for 13 years, but the Spirit is a great hot tub. It's one of the best looking small/medium hot tubs on the market with the way the front curves.  It has been the #1 seller for Marquis several years in a row now.  Are you going to run it on 110v power or 220v?  I would recommend the MP160 pump upgrade if you are going to do 220v.

Marquis is also a great company as was mentioned above, very reputable and easy to deal with if you ever have a problem.

Good luck in your search!

Gale

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 07:12:35 pm »
Thank you Markee :-) I needed to hear that. I'm doing the 220, was one of the first things the dealer talked me into. So since you sell them, what do you usually sell them for and what would be a good deal ?  ;D

MarKee

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2017, 10:23:19 pm »
No problem.  Prices throughout the country can vary due to shipping cost and several other factors, but the range throughout most parts of the US is typically $9,000-10,000 on the Spirit without any options.

Gale

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2017, 01:02:04 pm »
Maybe you can answer this for me :-) On the Spirit I know the water spigots are lighted, and there is suppose to be a spa light and something called moodmaker lights, where are these moodmaker lights? and what do the constellation lights package do? And I know it's microsilk ready, but does that mean? do I have to buy some chemicals for that?

MarKee

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2017, 05:53:03 pm »
The standard lighting will give you lighting in the water features, 2 LED lights behind the filter area, and a large centralized LED light that actually has about 8 LEDs in it.  The standard lighting looks great on lighter shell colors, if you're going with a darker interior color you may want to upgrade to Constellations Lighting.  Constellation adds more LEDs throughout the shell, LEDs behind the headrests, and 2 LEDs on each corner of the outside of the hot tub.

MicroSilk is an optional feature that has to be added at the factory.  It's a specialized pump that oxygenates the water and provides softening of the skin and some other health benefits.  It's a nice feature but it is not a cheap upgrade.

Gale

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2017, 03:11:47 pm »
Thank you so much for the light info, that helped alot, think I may have to do the light upgrade as we think we want the shell color to be pacific rim. I'm hoping the pacific rim is a marblely blue or atleast that's what it looks like to me, and not just a solid blue. I just love this forum, I can tell I'm going to be on here a lot. ^_^

MarKee

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2017, 05:50:23 am »
Here is a good pic of what the Spirit looks like in Pacific Rim:

http://www.precisionpool.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/spirit-plumb-island.jpg

Gale

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2017, 11:10:10 pm »
Thank you Markee, that is gorgeous! I'm going on Monday to get it ordered. I picked the espresso cabinet, pacific rim shell and walnut cover with the companion lifter. For that plus the steps, pump upgrade, constellation lights, delivery, tax and I think he said a years worth of that silver and chlorine stuff... all for $8990.24. Do you think that's a good deal ? Really wasn't wanting to pay that much, but I just fell in love with it and that 5 year warranty sounded so good.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2017, 11:10:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42