What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Epic prices and options  (Read 9922 times)

Blue-eyes

Marquis Epic prices and options
« on: June 11, 2017, 02:49:42 pm »
Thanks for all the input before regarding Marquis models. We've decided on the Epic, and now to decide if any of the extras are worth it. It's a more expensive model than we set out to get, so definitely not considering the Microsilk or stereo, but my husband likes the Constellation lighting. We haven't seen one with the basic lighting, so any feedback on if the basic lighting is fine or really lacking? How much does the upgrade generally cost? There's a promotion for some extras (upgraded steps, side table, etc.), but our dealer will knock off some $$ instead, which we prefer. He's also offering a cash discount. I know prices vary based on the market, but anyone else able to give me a current (good) cash price for an Epic that I should shoot for? Thanks again!

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Epic prices and options
« on: June 11, 2017, 02:49:42 pm »

castletonia

Re: Marquis Epic prices and options
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 04:04:15 pm »
The Epic is a great spa.  You can probably expect between $400-$500 for the Constellation Lighting.  I sold Marquis until earlier this year and I budgeted $450 for Constellation ( I priced all my spas with the lighting).  The basic lighting package gets you the main 2.5" light with LED, the water fountains with LED lights and lights behind the filters.  I personally like lights and would get it.  I only sold 2-3 Marquis' in the 3 years I sold them without the extra light package.

Price is dependent on the dealer.  Their overhead cost and what their market will allow dictate what they sell for.  I am in Wisconsin and the bulk of the Epic's I sold were for between $11,500-$12,000 and those were with Constellation Lights, the DuraStep 2, Cover Companion, chemicals and local delivery.  I had two other smaller Marquis dealers within an hour or so of me and they wouldn't even touch that price.  I was with a dealer who did pools, patio furniture, and saunas in addition to spas, so the markup was a little less due to other revenue streams.

Blue-eyes

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 07:36:16 pm »
Thanks Castletonia! We're in Texas, but our dealer is right in that price range with current promos, including the lighting and everything you mentioned (except for the steps...the price we got includes basic steps, and I'm not sure if that's the Durastep or not). I really appreciate your thoughts on the lighting and pricing.

MarKee

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 01:05:50 am »
They're great spas, the Epic is typically 12-13K in most parts of the country.  I own an older Epic and it is one of the best therapy spas on the market, 10 years old and it looks brand new.  If you go with a lighter shell color, the standard lighting will still look pretty good.  Adding the Constellation Lighting will intensify the light, and will still give you some really nice lighting if you do pick a darker shell color.  You'll also get 2 LED lights on each exterior corner of the hot tub (8 total) and lighting behind the headrests if you get the Constellation option.  Congrats!

Blue-eyes

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 09:44:12 pm »
Thanks MarKee! I really appreciate the expert opinions here!

MarKee

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 02:32:57 am »
No problem, enjoy the Epic!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 02:32:57 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42