What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Vegas vs Caldera Vanto  (Read 4623 times)

mathers1039

Marquis Vegas vs Caldera Vanto
« on: September 29, 2017, 09:39:58 am »
I'm located in Northern Virginia, looking at purchasing a hot tub, spending between $6K-$8K.  I have done my research and these 2 seem to be the best bang for your buck.  Both are at $6400 currently.

Vegas  - has speakers/Bluetooth/woofer - $6800

Vanto - no speakers - has the frog spa? - $6400 +$250 store credit

I got a price on a Hot Springs Limelight Flair for $8500, but it's the same size, but has a lot more benefits (jets/energy efficient/lighting, etc)

Any advice, there are too many options and it's a big investment.  If the extra 2K is worth it for the hot springs, that'd fine fine, I just need some advice from folks who have knowledge of the hot tub industry.  We are a family of 4 and it will get used a lot.  Thanks!!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Vegas vs Caldera Vanto
« on: September 29, 2017, 09:39:58 am »

castletonia

Re: Marquis Vegas vs Caldera Vanto
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 04:06:32 pm »
I used to sell Marquis and now sell Caldera & Hot Spring. 

The Vegas has a lot of multi-level seating (deep seats are really deep and shallow seats are pretty shallow).  It has a large open footwell and in my opinion, it, along with the Marquis e750 are the most spacious 7' spas I have ever seen.  Its tight, but you can legitimately fit 6 adults.  It has 50 jets with diverter valves so you can redirect water pressure to different jets giving you more control over your therapy.  The downside is that this spa does not have much of any insulation so its going to cost more than the Vanto to operate and the filter is tiny which will require more frequent cleanings and longer filter durations.   

The Vanto is much better insulated and has a considerably larger filter than the Vegas which I think those two reasons alone make it superior.  There are less jets (35 vs 50) and you do not have the diverter valves so there is no way to increase or decrease water flow like the Vegas.  I like the foot dome in the Vanto.  It provides foot therapy which for the most part is lacking in the Vegas but also provides a place for you to brace yourself if you float or slide out of the seat.  Vanto also has the inline spa frog where the Vegas does not.  Everyone has their own opinion on water care.  I like the inline system with @ease and that is what I sold on all Marquis and what I sell on Caldera. 

Warranties are pretty much identical.  I think the price you are getting on both is a fair price.  I used to sell the Vegas at $6299 with white shell and black jets or $6499 with acrylic upgrade and stainless steel jets.  I did stop showing any of the Celebrity series Marquis though due to that lack of insulation.  As for the Vanto, I sell at $6499.  I include polymer steps and prolifts will all Vacanza series Calderas.  Don't get the stereo.  Stereos are the first things to fail and while you are getting a good price on the stereo, either save the money or put it towards more hot tub.

Flair has the lounge which the Vegas and Vanto do not.  Only you can decide what is comfortable to you.  If you like the lounger and the Flair, then I think the $2k is worth it.  You get a longer warranty (5 vs 2), 24 hour circulation pump, and upgraded electronics.  You have ACE compatibility, more lights, more therapy than the Vanto, and I like the 20/30 split breaker system.  $8500 is also a pretty good price. 

If you like that Vegas, at least step up into a e750 from Marquis.  You are spending more money, but you get more insulation, dual filters, larger pump 2, an extra year on the warranty, and if you order, you can choose the spa frog inline system, full foam insulation, twilight lighting, etc.

Research your dealers, they are almost as important as the brand you buy.  Sit in the spas dry to see if they are comfortable and if you have the opportunity, wet test. 

MarKee

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 07:29:12 am »
A note on the Marquis Vegas. When the Celebrity series came out about 4 years ago I was concerned about energy consumption. There is a Low-E wrap around the cabinet, but no foam.  To this day, after seeing 100s of these spas sell in the local market I live in (Portland, OR area), I haven't had a single complaint about energy usage.  Marquis provides national average energy usage and the Vegas is around $22 per month. The Caldera you're looking at is probably $18.  Also, no complaints on the filtration besides a couple in their early 20s that were having parties in the tub every weekend.  People love these tubs.  My co-workers don't believe me, but I just moved in to a new house and am considering purchasing a Celebrity model for my own house.  The warranty calls on the Celebirty series are almost non-existent.

castletonia

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 08:34:54 am »
You are correct in the reliability.  I never had an issue with an Celebrity Series hot tub.  I did though have customers complain about water clarity issues and energy efficiency which is why I stopped selling them and instead did a base version of the e750 and e545 instead.  I know they are more expensive but I think they were worth it.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 09:13:21 pm »
I sell both brands. I think the celebrity performance wise is better but like castletonia pretty much everybody I sold one too complained about there energy bills in the colder months (I am in New England) so I stopped offering them which actually led me into becoming a Caldera dealer as I needed that price point Tub to compete with my competition. I think they are both comfortable tubs, similar warranties, jet power on celebrity is better, insulation is much better on the Caldera, filtration better on Caldera. Not sure how cold it gets in Northern Virginia but the celebrity might be ok there. The sound system on the celebrity actually sounds great. Empty cabinet leads to better sound I found. Price wise you are doing good either way. Have you wet tested either?

mathers1039

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 02:51:49 pm »
UPDATE::::

I bought the Artesian Grand Cayman 46.  I decided to go for more tub and upgraded with the dealer that also sells the Vanto.  Total with tax and the upgrades the floor model came with is $8700.  Taking delivery next Friday the 13th!  Thanks for all the great advice.  We opted for no speakers as it seems they are the first thing to break and technology changes.  They do look cool though.  Comes with cascade waterfall and lighting is upgraded with frog system and some crystal ozone system.  I will report back!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 02:51:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42