What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pressurized Cyclonic filtration systems  (Read 1542 times)

BoxieBoy

Pressurized Cyclonic filtration systems
« on: May 21, 2017, 06:08:23 pm »
I have a Coast Spa that uses a 175ft sq. ft pleatco duel core filter contained in a pressurized filtration systems. It is fairly new and I clean it every week ie it looks as new! But I cant help noticing that the water inside the housing tube is bogging when I remove the filter. However the Spa water is fairly clear, ie about 600 TDS. Why isn't the filter removing the particles from the pressurized area? Am I dong something wrong here?   

Hot Tub Forum

Pressurized Cyclonic filtration systems
« on: May 21, 2017, 06:08:23 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Pressurized Cyclonic filtration systems
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 07:17:27 pm »
not doing anything wrong, it's common for smaller particles/debris that don't get trapped in the filter itself to "float around" inside the canister of a pressurized system (when it's not under pressure of course)....at least it isn't going directly back into the spa water causing more of a mess, some spas that have traditional filtration don't have any type of barrier to prevent all the crap going directly back into the water which can be a pain in butt when you pull a really dirty filter out to clean it.

BoxieBoy

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 07:24:16 pm »
Thank you for the info, thats good to know the system is working normal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 07:24:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42