What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi is the Worst Hot Tub!  (Read 4135 times)

daddi042

Jacuzzi is the Worst Hot Tub!
« on: June 14, 2017, 02:34:45 pm »
I purchased the J-470 in 2011 for $12,000 assuming quality, customer service, and reliability with price. It's been a fairly reliable and good hot tub. However, when it's time to replace filters, pillows, or any other component, be prepared to pay top dollar.

After 2 years my stereo speakers basically disintegrated, when I looked at the price to replace them, it was cost prohibitive, so I re-wired the speakers to connect to speakers on my deck. Don't but the stereo option, buy an outdoor stereo system with outdoor speakers.

I've been through 2 heat sensors, which it was like pulling teeth to have replaced under warranty.  Not metionling that the water was scalding due to the failed sensors. Make sure you purchase an independent thermometer to avoid scaliding yourself.

After 6 years, the main controller box went bad, I called Jacuzzi to see if they would give me a discount, since the warranty was for 5 years, no sir, no flexibility, they wanted around $1000, so I ended up buying one on eBay for $500.

How about simple spa pillow, nope not cheap, around $20 per pillow to replace. Hence if you want the Jacuzzi Name be prepared to pay the Jacuzzi price.

Filters, 3 filters at over $100 to replace, each year.

My next purchase will be a non-Jacuzzi with parts that I can purchase on-line from any spa store, this will be my criteria.

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi is the Worst Hot Tub!
« on: June 14, 2017, 02:34:45 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Jacuzzi is the Worst Hot Tub!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 07:57:51 pm »
I purchased the J-470 in 2011 for $12,000 assuming quality, customer service, and reliability with price. It's been a fairly reliable and good hot tub. However, when it's time to replace filters, pillows, or any other component, be prepared to pay top dollar.

After 2 years my stereo speakers basically disintegrated, when I looked at the price to replace them, it was cost prohibitive, so I re-wired the speakers to connect to speakers on my deck. Don't but the stereo option, buy an outdoor stereo system with outdoor speakers.

I've been through 2 heat sensors, which it was like pulling teeth to have replaced under warranty.  Not metionling that the water was scalding due to the failed sensors. Make sure you purchase an independent thermometer to avoid scaliding yourself.

After 6 years, the main controller box went bad, I called Jacuzzi to see if they would give me a discount, since the warranty was for 5 years, no sir, no flexibility, they wanted around $1000, so I ended up buying one on eBay for $500.

How about simple spa pillow, nope not cheap, around $20 per pillow to replace. Hence if you want the Jacuzzi Name be prepared to pay the Jacuzzi price.

My next purchase will be a non-Jacuzzi with parts that I can purchase on-line from any spa store, this will be my criteria.

This holds true for proprietary parts for any brand.  But I wouldn't say they are the worst based on your experience so far. There are worse out there.
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 09:09:40 pm »

This holds true for proprietary parts for any brand.  But I wouldn't say they are the worst based on your experience so far. There are worse out there.

More bad to do with his dealer and not Jacuzzi if anything.  And for those that want a sound system with your new spa, here is a perfect example of why not to get one.  98% if not more failure rate with in time.

No spa or any manufacturer is going to give a break on prices, no more than buying OEM wiper blades from Toyota.   If all you had were a couple of temp sensors go bad in 6 years that's not bad. Filters need to be replaced as well as pillows eventually.    FWIW your spa is worth repairing for at least another 10 years before buying a new one. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 08:09:32 pm »

More bad to do with his dealer and not Jacuzzi if anything.  And for those that want a sound system with your new spa, here is a perfect example of why not to get one.  98% if not more failure rate with in time.

No spa or any manufacturer is going to give a break on prices, no more than buying OEM wiper blades from Toyota.   If all you had were a couple of temp sensors go bad in 6 years that's not bad. Filters need to be replaced as well as pillows eventually.    FWIW your spa is worth repairing for at least another 10 years before buying a new one.

I was trying to clarify the title of this thread to other potential buyers.
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 09:33:10 pm »
 So was I, I just didn't sugar coat it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 09:33:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42