What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera Tahitian Utopia pump leak  (Read 1589 times)

truth649

Caldera Tahitian Utopia pump leak
« on: May 21, 2017, 12:17:19 pm »
I have a pump leaking on a Tahitian Utopia, built around 2004. I have a feeling it froze over the winter when we had a power outage. Is it safe to say the pump needs to be replaced? I tried to attach a short video of the leak location, but it doesn't seem to be working. Water is pouring out from the far left side of the pump on the end. How difficult is a pump replacement? Thanks for any help!

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera Tahitian Utopia pump leak
« on: May 21, 2017, 12:17:19 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Caldera Tahitian Utopia pump leak
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 05:50:52 pm »
I have a pump leaking on a Tahitian Utopia, built around 2004. I have a feeling it froze over the winter when we had a power outage. Is it safe to say the pump needs to be replaced? I tried to attach a short video of the leak location, but it doesn't seem to be working. Water is pouring out from the far left side of the pump on the end. How difficult is a pump replacement? Thanks for any help!

I would say it needs a new pump. 13 years is a good run for a pump. Turn off breaker, drain tub, disconnect wiring at pump, disconnect plumbing at pump, unbolt pump and remove. Repeat in reverse.
Retired

truth649

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 08:01:54 am »
Thanks for the help, seems easy enough. I just have to figure out what pump to order and where to get it. I assume the pump is marked with a model number but ill take a better look tonight.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 08:01:54 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42