What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: cloudy water help  (Read 5672 times)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: cloudy water help
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2017, 10:37:30 pm »
If you're dosing every day or with any regularity, you're defeating the purpose of @ease.  I am not saying you can't do what you're doing. But the point of @ease is to keep your FC at under 1ppm and allow for your TC to be pulled from, and not having to fidget all the time.

The DMDCH (@ease chlorine) is a different type of Di-Chlor.  @ease is all about pH balance (7.4-7.8) and keeping your water temp at above 94F. 

I have found that sometimes you need to up your setting to one notch above what the gallonage calls for, but that is only for continuous heavy bather loads.

CYA levels are nearly as prominent in @ease than with a traditional Di-Chlor or other chlorine types.

Again- Not saying what you guys do is wrong.  Just saying the whole point of @ease is that its not only a unique Di-Chlor, its whole point is to maintain a chlorine level at about .5ppm.  With a reservoir of 10-15ppm TC, once you nudge your pH back in line it'll correct itself usually.  Be patient.

If you're going to dose daily or every other day, you should just nix the @ease and save the expense.  @ease is way more forgiving when done right.  But what is "right"?  I got frustrated with it b/c their marketing didn't match what the chemists told me.  But I've heard their tips (pH balance, above 94F, possibly going one notch higher on output if usage is consistently higher, etc) and don't have their problems.

I hope this helps.  Good luck moving forward.

It's about time you showed up. I'm just a damn plumber.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2017, 10:37:30 pm »

bud16415

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2017, 10:36:46 am »
If you're dosing every day or with any regularity, you're defeating the purpose of @ease.  I am not saying you can't do what you're doing. But the point of @ease is to keep your FC at under 1ppm and allow for your TC to be pulled from, and not having to fidget all the time.

The DMDCH (@ease chlorine) is a different type of Di-Chlor.  @ease is all about pH balance (7.4-7.8) and keeping your water temp at above 94F. 

I have found that sometimes you need to up your setting to one notch above what the gallonage calls for, but that is only for continuous heavy bather loads.

CYA levels are nearly as prominent in @ease than with a traditional Di-Chlor or other chlorine types.

Again- Not saying what you guys do is wrong.  Just saying the whole point of @ease is that its not only a unique Di-Chlor, its whole point is to maintain a chlorine level at about .5ppm.  With a reservoir of 10-15ppm TC, once you nudge your pH back in line it'll correct itself usually.  Be patient.

If you're going to dose daily or every other day, you should just nix the @ease and save the expense.  @ease is way more forgiving when done right.  But what is "right"?  I got frustrated with it b/c their marketing didn't match what the chemists told me.  But I've heard their tips (pH balance, above 94F, possibly going one notch higher on output if usage is consistently higher, etc) and don't have their problems.

It sounds then that @ease is closer to bromine at least in its application.

I played with bromine for quite a while and it sounds like @ease is similar as long as your usage is very consistent you could get it dialed in and pretty much forget it. My problem has always been there is nothing consistent about our usage so I was always tweaking things. When I go away for a week or two I shock the tub good and use the @ease during the time we are away. With a good starting point and no usage I could see where @ease alone would do a great job released very slowly. Mixing the two methods daily seems redundant to me also and more expensive.

My friend has an aftermarket salt generator and it works much like a feeder but he has an override button on the control. When he has a heavy bather load he just taps the button once or twice and ups the production rate of chlorine. It is right away and consistent unlike changing your setting on a feeder where there seems to be a lag every time you change it. The salt system seems to be like my daily dose of dichlor or Clorox only automated. With my inline frog feeder I was messing with the setting all the time.     

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2017, 01:47:15 pm »
Yeah-  There are many ways to sanitize and all methods tend to be fine as long as they're done correctly.  The dosage method will work for @ease, but it almost is a redundancy that you might as well nix the @ease all together.

As the Total Chlorine is so high and the mineralizer couples with the low Free Chlorine, once you have everything established it should keep your water clear as long as you keep your water chemistry balanced (pH is most important, but alk is important too). 

This is a newer thing so there is always stuff that comes out later, as there is an academic process to water chemistry but then there is a practical process that is a byproduct of experience with said product in the field. 

The @ease is great but it is finicky:  You do need to know what is important to it specifically and temperature and pH (7.4-7.8 ) is very important. 

But as I am also learning the practical applications/byproducts of the academic application, forums like this help me better understand issues and tips that others may have to offer.

lovejoyland

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2017, 03:26:48 pm »

Thanks for your input. I've been wondering what the @ease system was supposed to be doing for me since I'm also adding chlorine. I think I've been doing it wrong. I might try the @ease system the way it's meant to be used and see how that goes. It will certainly be easier than what I'm doing now if it works.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2017, 05:25:05 pm »
Odds are @Ease will not keep up with the demand.  Good luck.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2017, 05:25:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42