What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Vegas--efficiency question  (Read 3870 times)

lovejoyland

Marquis Vegas--efficiency question
« on: May 18, 2017, 03:41:18 pm »
Does anyone know if the Marquis Vegas has a "rest" mode where it only heats during the filtration cycle? The dealer mentioned that ready and rest modes are options, but I'm not sure if this is true for the Celebrity series. If so, where can I find information on how to change my spa from ready to rest mode? If not, and I choose to lower the temp of my tub from 104 to 100 to save energy, how long should I turn the temperature back up to 104 before soaking? Finally, what is the best way to set the filtration cycles for maximum efficiency? I currently have the tub set to cycle in the evening after our prime usage times thinking that might be the best way to keep the tub clean. Thoughts?

Thanks for your input!
Vanessa

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Vegas--efficiency question
« on: May 18, 2017, 03:41:18 pm »

MarKee

Re: Marquis Vegas--efficiency question
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 06:00:40 pm »
http://www.marquisspas.com/documents/2017/2017%20Celebrity%20Owners%20Manual.pdf

Page 20 tells you how to put it in Rest Mode.

You probably won't be able to tell the energy difference between Ready and Rest, it won't cycle on as often but it will still need to heat about the same amount of time whether you're in Ready or Rest.

The main thing that costs money on the power bill is heating, so if you're going to be gone for an extended period of time or not using it for awhile, I would lower the temperature to 80 degrees.

Generally the hot tub will heat around 6 degrees an hour.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 09:51:52 pm »
http://www.marquisspas.com/documents/2017/2017%20Celebrity%20Owners%20Manual.pdf

Page 20 tells you how to put it in Rest Mode.

You probably won't be able to tell the energy difference between Ready and Rest, it won't cycle on as often but it will still need to heat about the same amount of time whether you're in Ready or Rest.

The main thing that costs money on the power bill is heating, so if you're going to be gone for an extended period of time or not using it for awhile, I would lower the temperature to 80 degrees.

Generally the hot tub will heat around 6 degrees an hour.

Bang.......that's what forums are for.
Retired

bud16415

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 07:43:40 am »
I don’t think you save much money turning the tub up and down to save energy daily. If you are going away for a week yes. That being said we do adjust ours based on what the forecast is for the upcoming few days and we use the energy saver mode in the summer that shuts the heaters off all day so the tub can be used like a pool for cooling off even if it is about 90F. We have ours kick on about 6:00 pm for a hotter evening soak.

I also don’t think it matters much when the auto clean cycle runs. I do run the clean cycle after we are out for the evening and I add whatever to the water. I add chemicals and then hit clean cycle and leave the tub open till the clean cycle finishes.   

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 07:43:40 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42