What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs, Jacuzzi or Bullfrog?  (Read 10166 times)

actusreus

Hot Springs, Jacuzzi or Bullfrog?
« on: May 17, 2017, 12:41:08 am »
I live in a relatively small town in Idaho, and these are the three brands that local dealers carry.  I want something that seats between 5-8 people, looks good, and will last a long time.  It'll go outside, and it gets cold here.  10k or less.  Can you guys recommend a model or two for me to look at in each of those brands?

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs, Jacuzzi or Bullfrog?
« on: May 17, 2017, 12:41:08 am »

actusreus

Re: Hot Springs, Jacuzzi or Bullfrog?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 03:07:00 pm »
30 people have looked at this and not a single person has an idea?  I thought this was the place to go?  I also found someone here sells Marquis.  Come on guys, help a fella out.   :-\

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 03:50:20 pm »
I live in a relatively small town in Idaho, and these are the three brands that local dealers carry.  I want something that seats between 5-8 people, looks good, and will last a long time.  It'll go outside, and it gets cold here.  10k or less.  Can you guys recommend a model or two for me to look at in each of those brands?

Thanks!

10g's that seats 5 in those brands, easy. Wet test to decide which fits and feels best. 8 people for 10 grand, can't be done.
Retired

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 04:37:32 pm »

Thanks!

10g's that seats 5 in those brands, easy. Wet test to decide which fits and feels best. 8 people for 10 grand, can't be done.

Patience Grass hopper!   Also welcome to the forum.  The majority of the people here are in the US and Canada and work during the day. Also as a new member,  your first 5 posts don't actually get seen till one of the moderators approves it.   In a few more posts that won't be neccesary, but you wouldn't believe the spam we get that usually doesn't show up for you to see.

I will add these are 3 pretty reputable brands.  My personal experience with Bullfrog is much more limited, but I'm hearing a majority of good things.    I will also add we thought our hot tub would be party central, but 99% of the time there are 3 or 2 people in it.  On our 2nd tub we bought smaller.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 04:40:05 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 05:38:38 pm »
  Being you are in a small town you may find something lower than 10g I would look at the Bullfrog X series and the Jacuzzi 200 series you might get lucky price wise.   All brands are decent brands.    Have you gone in and actually looked at anything yet? 

actusreus

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 05:58:15 pm »
thanks for the responses.  i did look at a few.  The marquis they suggested was the E series 660, the Jacuzzi was the J-275, and the Bullfrog was, I think, an R series.  I don't need it for therapy or anything.  I'm young, in good health, and have kids that'll be in it, so I don't know how important all the special kinds of jets are. 

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 06:06:57 pm »
  I don't know much on Marquis models or prices, but I do know they build a quality spa.  If your not worried on jets and what not I would defiantly look at the Bullfrog X series  http://www.bullfrogspas.com/spas/x-series-hot-tubs/   The RX8 is a big spa, just doesn't have the removable jet packs, maybe the dealer can get you at least a price.    Depending if you want the lounge the Jacuzzi J-385 is an open seated large spa as well.   

The dealer reliability is just as important as the spa. 

castletonia

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 08:02:24 pm »
The price on the Marquis with vary depending on how it is ordered.  Full foam insulation, Twilight LED Lighting, In-Line Sanitation, and Ozone are all optional.  I sold Marquis up until this spring and I would sell a e660 for anywhere between $7999 - $8999, depending on options and method of payment.  The 660 has a very unique layout.  The lounger and one of the corner seats are really deep, so at least sit in it dry to make sure you fit. 

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 09:32:08 pm »
Look at Hot Spot Rhythm, Relay or Tempo.  Made by Hot Spring. Full Foam is standard.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

jailor97

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2017, 06:12:32 pm »
I'm new to the forum, but have been lurking in the shadows for a little while.

Just went and wet tested 3 brands - Hotspring, Artesian and Bullfrog

After the first set of tests, my wife was sold on the Grandee (also sat in an Aria). Started to look at pricing before we even considered anything else. THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN A BIG MISTAKE!

Today we tested Artesian (Pelican Bay) and Bullfrog (A7L). I'm glad we traveled out of our way to do this!

We ended up purchasing a Bullfrog A8L. For us, the Bullfrog just felt better. I was less than impressed with the Moto-Massage from HS and while the Pelican Bay was HUGE, it really wasn't much different than the Grandee (IMHO)>

I have read over and over again about wet testing different spas and getting the one that feels right for you. I completely agree and would urge others to do the same!

The only bad part about today is waiting 4-6 weeks for delivery  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2017, 09:43:47 am »
 Congrats you got a great spa!    And yes like the song, the waiting is the hardest part..

Sam

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2017, 02:24:30 pm »
Yay, congrats!  What Jetpaks did you pick?  I just sat in the A7L with the oscillator cranking on full blast.  Soooo awesome.  Definitely has the best feel of all hot tub jets, in my opinion. 

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2017, 02:29:02 pm »
Yay, congrats!  What Jetpaks did you pick?  I just sat in the A7L with the oscillator cranking on full blast.  Soooo awesome.  Definitely has the best feel of all hot tub jets, in my opinion.

I was in an R8 this morning...the 'Versa' might have taken over my #1 spot, also not gonna lie I do love the Rainshower as a JetPak I sit in front of right before I get out

Sam

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2017, 04:24:23 pm »

I was in an R8 this morning...the 'Versa' might have taken over my #1 spot, also not gonna lie I do love the Rainshower as a JetPak I sit in front of right before I get out

I like the rainshower a lot too.  It's definitely unique.  Didn't like the versa as much as I thought I would.  I still prefer the oscillator. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2017, 05:39:45 pm »
The price on the Marquis with vary depending on how it is ordered.  Full foam insulation, Twilight LED Lighting, In-Line Sanitation, and Ozone are all optional.  I sold Marquis up until this spring and I would sell a e660 for anywhere between $7999 - $8999, depending on options and method of payment.  The 660 has a very unique layout.  The lounger and one of the corner seats are really deep, so at least sit in it dry to make sure you fit.

If you can afford the HK16, HK12 jets in a Marquis definitely try them. The best jets I have ever sat in front of.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2017, 05:39:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42