What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First Time Buyer (Brand Recommendations)  (Read 4568 times)

devpan81

First Time Buyer (Brand Recommendations)
« on: May 31, 2017, 09:37:21 am »
Overwhelmed with online Research - Buying a Hot Tub vs. Pool.

Read recent bad reviews regarding Hot Springs.  Heard Bad Things about Jacuzzi (don't love owners). 

Please enlighten.  I have BullFrog, Hot Springs, Sundance (got great review of owner), Coast (love look of cascade), Jacuzzi, Clearwater etc.

Thanks in advance.

Hot Tub Forum

First Time Buyer (Brand Recommendations)
« on: May 31, 2017, 09:37:21 am »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: First Time Buyer (Brand Recommendations)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 08:21:07 pm »
Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Sundance or bullfrog would be ones I'd consider. Don't know enough about coast and would stay away from Clearwater. Factory support is terrible

devpan81

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 08:58:52 pm »
Have you seen or heard bad reviews on jacuzzi or hot springs?  Also what about marquis?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 09:18:59 pm »
Have you seen or heard bad reviews on jacuzzi or hot springs?  Also what about marquis?

Your likely going to have more reviews of HS and Jacuzzi than any of the others because they sell more tubs than the others combined. This could lead to more bad reviews. But both have great reputations for quality, longevity and energy efficiency. Marquis and Bullfrog also make great tubs.

So does Sundance. Coast also has a good following. Neither has staff trolling these boards though. Clearwater is more middle of the road.
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 09:26:20 pm »

All brands will have bad reviews somewhere. No tub has a 100% rate of no repairs. I am a Marquis dealer. Yeah we have warranty stuff pop up once in awhile but usually minor stuff. I have a Marquis resort at my house. Other then my stereo no issues in my 2 years of owning it. I've also owned a older hot springs with no issues and my first tub I ever bought was a Nordic. If you maintain it properly the less chance you have for failures

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 07:16:19 pm »
Overwhelmed with online Research - Buying a Hot Tub vs. Pool.

Read recent bad reviews regarding Hot Springs.  Heard Bad Things about Jacuzzi (don't love owners). 

Please enlighten.  I have BullFrog, Hot Springs, Sundance (got great review of owner), Coast (love look of cascade), Jacuzzi, Clearwater etc.

Thanks in advance.

The first three brands you mentioned and Jacuzzi tend to have more positive viewpoints from industry insiders than most.  Coast and Clearwater are not as widely available as the others you've mentioned, though that is not a knock on them.  Regardless- If you took a poll on this site, the majority of the brands you mentioned would be considered upper-end products.

Check a few out, see what is comfortable, and review the dealer.  You'll come to the decision more organically once you get out and sit in a few.  These things tend to work themselves out naturally.

devpan81

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 02:54:29 pm »
I got quoted grande nxt with upgraded stairs, sound system, ACE system, cover (with lift), delivery and tax (8.635%).  $18k - seems high.  Any feedback.  Thinking more room to negotiate

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 04:44:47 pm »
I got quoted grande nxt with upgraded stairs, sound system, ACE system, cover (with lift), delivery and tax (8.635%).  $18k - seems high.  Any feedback.  Thinking more room to negotiate

every individual dealer sets pricing of course, I can tell you I sold a Bullfrog against that same package just about 2 weeks ago and the lady had a quote for 15.5 - 16k for that same type of package on a Grandee NXT from the local dealer here.

d00nut

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2017, 07:27:26 pm »

Actually, with the sound system, seems low.  You got roughly $1600 in taxes there, so $16.5k with ACE, upgraded steps, and a sound system?  I'm pretty close to $16k myself with ACE.

I like the sound, but it's a pricey option.

devpan81

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2017, 07:56:06 pm »
It was just the speaker that was $800 special.  I wanted to spend more like $16k.

jailor97

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2017, 02:47:27 pm »

every individual dealer sets pricing of course, I can tell you I sold a Bullfrog against that same package just about 2 weeks ago and the lady had a quote for 15.5 - 16k for that same type of package on a Grandee NXT from the local dealer here.

I was quoted 17.5k from one dealer (not an all in price) and 16.5k from another for a non NXT Grandee w/o ACE (all in pricing, no sound).
Not being able to get the cheaper pricing (sales areas) forced me to look at other brands because of the higher prices in town for HotSpring. So glad I did.

devpan81

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2017, 08:30:53 am »
We may do more than expected on our house.  If we want to stay more in the 13K range - ALL in, suggestions please!!!!!

Also, is it worth getting a 7 - 8 Person Tub?  Could we get a 6 person and be fine?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2017, 12:57:36 pm »
We may do more than expected on our house.  If we want to stay more in the 13K range - ALL in, suggestions please!!!!!

Also, is it worth getting a 7 - 8 Person Tub?  Could we get a 6 person and be fine?

An "actual" 7 to  8 person spa would be a really large spa like 9x9 or even 10x10.  For the most part an 8x8 will hold 7 to 8 people but it would be crowded. Then consider how often there will be 7 or 8 people in your spa? The thing with the NXT is your paying for pretty, I believe it's the same size as a grandee and the grandee should be less.    In the 13,000 range the Jacuzzi J-385 Sundance Optima and the Bullfrog R8 should get you in the ballpark.     Of course prices vary across the board. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2017, 12:57:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42