What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: diverter valve hard to turn Sundance Cameo  (Read 2830 times)

brian_tr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
diverter valve hard to turn Sundance Cameo
« on: June 07, 2017, 09:17:49 am »
I have a 2002 Sundance Cameo.  The Diverter valves where leaking so I installed new o-rings.  Now they are very hard to turn if not impossible when water pump on.  I put a new gate valve in and still can't turn.  I pretty sure I put o-rings back on correct.  Installed washer on gate valve stem and put the two o-rings into cover and screwed on. 

Hot Tub Forum

diverter valve hard to turn Sundance Cameo
« on: June 07, 2017, 09:17:49 am »

bud16415

Re: diverter valve hard to turn Sundance Cameo
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 11:13:50 am »
Mine are hard to turn on my tub a different brand than yours and even harder if I want to turn them fully to one side. Working against the high flow rate and the good seals is the reason.

I turn off my pump or set the diverters before I turn the pump on. My thoughts is it is much easier on the diverters and turning the pump on and off isn’t hurting anything. 

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 01:03:40 pm »
 My Jacuzzi is pretty much the same, I just kill the pump for a second and move it.  That being said do you have the 2 plastic washers (part# 6570-248)  that go on the top of the diverter gate?   If not they might help.  You can also use magic lube as well or any Teflon based product.  Or try a very thin coat of Vaseline on the gate, not ideal but it will probably work for awhile..   I have also recommended wet sand paper and clean/smooth out the inside of the plumbing the gate slides into and gate itself. 

http://www.doheny.com/poolsupplies/Magic-Lube-853.html?product_id=1185&adpos=1o1&creative=191704311343&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CMfy6YqarNQCFRSIfgod8QYCgw

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 01:03:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42