What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Most impressive neck therapy in small tub?  (Read 2318 times)

v-twinfant

Most impressive neck therapy in small tub?
« on: May 15, 2017, 06:03:48 am »
I really appreciate the recommendations on the Artesian Santa Cruz and D1 Triad for a small, potent hot tub. I Hope to arrange a wet test in the near future.

All important subjectivity aside, looking purely at the engineering design of a tub's touted "neck therapy station", which brand/model appears to have nailed the practical execution of the concept best?

With regard to jetting targeting the cervical spine, I am drawn towards the design of the reverse molded, inset seats with "V" shaped collars shrouding 4 plus medium sized jets hitting neck and shoulders.

In theory,...it appears to be more effective than my Aria's shroudless quartet jets, at isolating neck and shoulders, without splashing water out of the spa.

Thanks for any guidance anyone could provide

That factor alone, could compel me towards a larger spa (Nevis, or?)

Hot Tub Forum

Most impressive neck therapy in small tub?
« on: May 15, 2017, 06:03:48 am »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Most impressive neck therapy in small tub?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 12:14:04 pm »
If you require neck/shoulder jets you have a couple options...like you mentioned look at something reverse molded, keep in my it is 100% imperative you sit in the actual model to make sure you fit comfortably in that particular seat and make sure you aren't too tall for it.

Another option would be to look at the Bullfrog line if you have a dealer nearby, using the NeckBlaster or NeckMasseuse JetPak which you can move around into various different seats which are at different heights so that you and any family members of varying heights could use it.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 04:06:38 pm »
If you require neck/shoulder jets you have a couple options...like you mentioned look at something reverse molded, keep in my it is 100% imperative you sit in the actual model to make sure you fit comfortably in that particular seat and make sure you aren't too tall for it.

Another option would be to look at the Bullfrog line if you have a dealer nearby, using the NeckBlaster or NeckMasseuse JetPak which you can move around into various different seats which are at different heights so that you and any family members of varying heights could use it.

How much do jetpacs cost?
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 10:33:41 pm »
  Considering there is around 250 feet of "plumbing" inside a jetpac @ 1.00 a foot plus the jets and what not,  hardware/labor to build the jet pac, should equate out to 350.00 or so per.  We sell extra pac's for 295.00   ;)

Quick story.  We recently had a jetpac fail, one of the jets quit working for what ever reason.  The customer brought it in and good lord there were hoses, fittings elbows and jet psc flying all over the place.  Looked like an octopus fighting with a snake.  Luckily no one was killed or lost an eye.    I thought quickly and grabbed a temporary one off the shelf, and sent him home with it, till we can get his (under warranty for another 3 years) shipped from the factory.   No need for a service call. no need to have a tech go out and maybe even have to drain the spa to replace the jet back.   The customer was ecstatic beyond belief as his last spa an Arctic, and it did have to be torn into by a person like yourself to fix the problem.

So yes about 300 to 350 a pac.   

Curious what you charge Tman per hour to dig into a spa and replace a jet or manifold, perhaps a divertor? 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 10:54:39 pm »
Lmfao. That's all they cost Jim?  For some reason. I thought they retailed for 600-700

d00nut

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 11:58:04 pm »
Hottubguy, we are normally in between the retail the the $350 mark.

Paks depend on what type of pak it is (acrylic versus abs) as well as stainless vs. no stainless.

Also, some paks are a lot more (NeckBlaster vs. Rainshower.)

My rep says they sell for as much as $750.  Market bares $450-$550 generally, which I think is fair.  They aren't cheap to buy, but they are cool, and unique to BF!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 06:56:47 am »
  Considering there is around 250 feet of "plumbing" inside a jetpac @ 1.00 a foot plus the jets and what not,  hardware/labor to build the jet pac, should equate out to 350.00 or so per.  We sell extra pac's for 295.00   ;)

Quick story.  We recently had a jetpac fail, one of the jets quit working for what ever reason.  The customer brought it in and good lord there were hoses, fittings elbows and jet psc flying all over the place.  Looked like an octopus fighting with a snake.  Luckily no one was killed or lost an eye.    I thought quickly and grabbed a temporary one off the shelf, and sent him home with it, till we can get his (under warranty for another 3 years) shipped from the factory.   No need for a service call. no need to have a tech go out and maybe even have to drain the spa to replace the jet back.   The customer was ecstatic beyond belief as his last spa an Arctic, and it did have to be torn into by a person like yourself to fix the problem.

So yes about 300 to 350 a pac.   

Curious what you charge Tman per hour to dig into a spa and replace a jet or manifold, perhaps a divertor?

I charge about 75 bucks an hour (sometimes less, sometimes more). I use a foam knife if I have to, so no digging, but 99% of my repairs are in the equipment bay so no digging there either. A diverter takes about an hour. I would never replace a manifold unless I was rebuilding an old tub for myself. Never seen one fail in 30 years on a tub that was new enough to repair a manifold. Those never wear out. Jets are less than an hour. But they wear out so in frequently that it's very very rare. But I have a minimum of course.

That didn't work out exactly like you planned I know.

Do you have any issues with those doughnut seals between the jet pac and the tub?
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 06:56:47 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42