What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog pillows  (Read 6826 times)

Thisismyname

Bullfrog pillows
« on: March 28, 2018, 09:42:25 pm »
My bullfrog is only a few months old.  I noticed after about 2 months my pillows were already discolored...looked a dull grey in areas instead of the shiny black and look dried out.

I see all over to not use armor all on the cover but what about on the pillows?  Looked at a few stores and couldn't find any 303 protectant.

Will anything get them back to looking like new or are they a lost cause already

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog pillows
« on: March 28, 2018, 09:42:25 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Bullfrog pillows
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 06:16:55 am »
My bullfrog is only a few months old.  I noticed after about 2 months my pillows were already discolored...looked a dull grey in areas instead of the shiny black and look dried out.

I see all over to not use armor all on the cover but what about on the pillows?  Looked at a few stores and couldn't find any 303 protectant.

Will anything get them back to looking like new or are they a lost cause already

Probably a lost cause. What are you using to sanitize? Buy 303 online.
Retired

Thisismyname

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 01:50:28 pm »
Using a mineral stick and MPS

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 05:55:26 pm »
Using a mineral stick and MPS

Armor all is Petroleum based. 303 is Silicon based. I liken it to heroin. Armorall is great and a better high/protector than 303. But if you stop using armorall your stuff turns to junk quick because of the withdrawals. 303 gets you less high but has lighter withdrawals.

A mineral stick and MPS is likely the less abrasive to your pads. What kind of warranty is on BF cushions? They should last a few years before they start really getting crappy.
Retired

Thisismyname

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 09:43:17 pm »
Far as I can tell they offer no warranty on the pillows discoloring... almost like they knew it was gonna happen.

About the armor all....I was looking through their site and it says its not made with petroleum

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 10:03:30 pm »
 Pillows are hit and miss as far as quality. Some seem to last 2 to 4 years if lucky, some less.   Ozone and over dosing chems are extremely hard on them.  I haven't had pillows in my Jacuzzi for a couple of years now and I don't really miss them.  Honestly I think most manufacturers could get rid of them and not skip a beat.  Warranty is usually a year, if at all.  I will replace them once up to a year, that's it. 

Replacement prices are ridiculous for them, and I usually suggest people remove them if leaving for a while or periods of non use of the spa.  They would probably last longer under the water vs above it.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 10:06:09 pm »
I don’t think any manufacturer warranties them. Most fail quickly due to water chemistry problems. When you shock do you leave the cover off the spa for awhile after?  I’ve only seen them fail that quickly on one of my customers Caldera Spas. He had followed all our directions and I ended up just giving him new ones. Haven’t had a issue since

Thisismyname

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2018, 10:20:43 pm »
I had a caldera for 15 years and never had an issue.

These bullfrog ones just felt cheap from the start. 

richierich

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2018, 11:36:56 am »
The pillows on my sundance optima started to peel after about a year, year and a half. At three years I was tired of looking at them and removed them. Don't really miss them.

Thisismyname

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2018, 12:32:36 pm »
The thing with the bullfrog pillows is you can't really get rid of em.  They are what holds down the jet paks

d00nut

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2018, 01:59:12 pm »
What's funny is about 2 years ago, BF switched the A Series to those Black foam pillows, and the R stayed with the rubber pillows.  The Black pillows could be argued to look better, but you could switch to the R Series, which will hold up better.

Also, the R Series is a lot more comfortable ;)

Not sure why the higher end got the worse pillows, but then again... they do look better!

Sorrentino100

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2018, 01:51:48 pm »
"Bullfrog warrants the Bullfrog Spa pillows, stainless steel jet faces, ventilation screen, and filter cartridges(s) against defects in materials and workmanship through time of delivery"

Thisismyname

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2018, 08:34:21 pm »
NOTE: Pillow discoloration is accelerated by high sanitizer use
and is not covered by the Bullfrog Spas Warranty.....

This is right from the owners manual.

Anyway I used armor all a few weeks ago and they look brand new!

tomas21

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2018, 10:09:22 am »
Any good online resources to purchase A7 2016+ pillows from?

Sam

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2018, 11:19:13 am »
Don't use armorall.  Use 303 aerospace protectant.  I don't recall the exact reason but multiple reputable sources have told me that armorall can actually be harmful over time.  Have used 303 protectant with great success for years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2018, 11:19:13 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42