What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: BULLFROG OWNERS....  (Read 9254 times)

jimmerz

BULLFROG OWNERS....
« on: May 02, 2017, 04:24:43 pm »
I will be wet tesing a Bullfrog R7 within a week.  I have already wet tested several tubs (Caldera Tahitin, Artesian, Hotsprings and that leaves the Bullfrog and possibly a Sundance.  The price is what I like most so far about the Bullfrog and the idea behind the jet packs.  I watched all the videos I could find so far on Bullfrogs and they seem like a nice tub. 

With out any bargaining the salesman has me at $10,300 for the Bullfrog R7 with the stereo, Cover/lifter, Steps, taxes, delivery and set up.

I am also able to get 60 months 0% financing.  Which puts me right at the $200/month sweet spot (since my student loan is now paid off...lol.

I am open to all opinions.

Thanks, Jim!

Hot Tub Forum

BULLFROG OWNERS....
« on: May 02, 2017, 04:24:43 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: BULLFROG OWNERS....
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 06:39:55 pm »
Great price with the stereo included as well as that financing which can often cost a retailer 7-10% + out of pocket to get those long term 0% rates for customers.

Make sure you try out the Versa, Oscillator, NeckMasseuse, Pulsator, Rainshower, and Wellness JetPaks, those are my personal favs and also top sellers in my market anyway.  Good Luck!

Beck0101

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 07:44:16 am »
Probably not a bad price with the financing deal. 

In my area you could purchase an A8 for the price you're paying, sans the radio and plus tax, if you didn't finance it through the tub folks.

And....just to check your math - $200 per month for 60 months is $12,000....$200 a month for 60 months is too much to pay for an R7 (in my opinion).

dporter22

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 01:27:43 pm »
For a little more you can get the A7 which gives you another jet pak and the better controller.  Although the bullfrog website no longer shows which controllers go with which models, so maybe the R series has the same controller now.

jimmerz

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 04:51:03 pm »
Probably not a bad price with the financing deal. 

In my area you could purchase an A8 for the price you're paying, sans the radio and plus tax, if you didn't finance it through the tub folks.

And....just to check your math - $200 per month for 60 months is $12,000....$200 a month for 60 months is too much to pay for an R7 (in my opinion).

Sorry.  I was looking at another tub.  it would be $171 for the Bullfrog, that is 10,300 / 60 months.  ;)

jimmerz

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 04:52:17 pm »
Thanks for the tips!  I will check on the A7 and A8 prices as well as what jetpacks they have available to try when we wet test.

39lasalle

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 11:08:15 am »
We love our A7L...we went in to test the R series and like the features better on the A series.....it was a grand more foe the A but we were still well below what you are looking at price wise. 

jimmerz

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 12:00:05 pm »
We love our A7L...we went in to test the R series and like the features better on the A series.....it was a grand more foe the A but we were still well below what you are looking at price wise.

We have looked at numerous tubs from $14000-$10,000  - We are trying to stay at the $10,000 range.  With 60 months 0% financing it's like free money!  I recently paid off a student load so anything $200 or less a month I won't even notice.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 12:03:31 pm by jimmerz »

39lasalle

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2017, 01:16:10 pm »
Agree.  After we locked down the sale , I had a few 0.00% credit cards that I used , plus of you spent so much on each card within the first 3 months we got cash back plus reward points....lBy the time the tub was paid for with the 3 cards I used we saved another 600 bucks!

Sam

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2017, 07:20:41 pm »
So I was in an R7 the other day.  I popped in my favorite jetpak, the oscillator, and turned off all of the other jets on that pump so that all of the power went to my oscillator......it was great.  No other hot tub can touch that massage, in my opinion.  You absolutely have to try that with both the oscillator and the versa. 

Also, that is a good deal for everything that you are getting.  I'm not a big fan of stereos but it's a great deal including the stereo.  The stereo alone sells for over $1k. 

jimmerz

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2017, 01:31:00 pm »
Thanks for the advice!  I will definitely try as many jet packs as the dealer has available when we go (hopefully over the weekend).  I too was not big on if the tub has a stereo.  If we do decide to try the A7 and get it without the stereo we should be in the same price range with an extra jet pack.

jimmerz

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2017, 03:06:08 pm »
Today I was able to wet test the Bullfrog R7.  I really liked the rainshower  jet pack.  However, overall me and my wife did not like the tub.  It was not very comfortable for us.  I felt like the seats were awkward and we were constantly getting pushed out, or floating up, lol.

We then tested a Jacuzzi (I forget the model, but we didn't like it much either.)

Then we moved on to the 2 Sunset models, the Chelsee and the Optima.  Originally we thought we would like the Optima, but in the end the Chelsee was the most comfortable tub in that particular store.  But we left thinking none of the tubs were ones we wanted!

The Caldera Tahitian is the front runner right now.  We plan on testing the Caldera Geneva next and tomorrow I am going to my buddies to check out his Hot Springs Limelight Flair.

GRRRRR, this is a PROCESS!!!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 04:06:37 pm by jimmerz »

hanexs

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2017, 03:51:34 pm »
Love my bullfrog, but wet test is the king.   Make sure you go bigger then what you think you need on sizing.   I have a 6 man bullfrog (not sure if it is the r) and I couldnt be happier with it.

jimmerz

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2017, 10:37:08 pm »
Still going to wet test a Caldera Geneva.

Today we went to our friend's and wet tested his Hot Springs Limelight Flair.  Me and my wife really liked it!  The only problem was it was a little on the smaller side.  It's mostly going to me just the 2 of us, but if we have a few friends over, that tub might be a little on the tight side...  The price is pretty good though.  I think it's right at $10,000.  Taxes, steps, cover, lift, delivery...

jimmerz

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2017, 07:36:50 pm »
So along with the Geneva, I have added the Caldera Makenna to the list.  I am not finding alot of info on the Makenna?  Any owners out there?

Price point and seating looks to be perfect for us in the Makenna, we will wet test one day this week.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2017, 07:36:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42